Make a donation

Author Topic: Mercedes main dealer issues  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Mercedes main dealer issues
« on: November 29, 2016, 08:02:30 am »
Here's a brief of what's happened so far,

Around 2 weeks ago I sent my C63 in for a service at a Mercedes main dealer in Edinburgh. Mercedes give u a health sheet once the cars been serviced to address any parts that need replaced etc.. usually all rubbish but in my cars case 1 rear damper and brake pads front and rear. I took the car away and immediately I felt like the alignment was out (was perfect pre service). The following day I called the service manager and raised my concerns and as expected was told "there's nothing my guys would have done to knock wheel alignment out"..

Due to the fact I know my car needed 2 rear dampers, front tie and track rods I left it there as alignment would need redone anyways. Stupid mistake.. A few days later I ordered 2 rear dampers, pads front and rear and tie and track rods for my car and had them fitted by a local Indy I trust. I returned the car to Mercedes the following week for alignment as they had got it spot on last time. A few hours later after I've dropped it off I get a call from the service manager saying my car needs the revised camber bolts and the total price would be £240.. I decided to go ahead with it, if I didn't and took the car away it would have been £90 for the hours labour they have seemingly spent on the car already.

Got the car back and drove it properly for the first time on Sunday on various roads inc motorways etc and the steering feels like it's sitting to the left slightly. Called Mercedes and told them, they said bring it in & we can go for a test drive. Literally drove around local roads with hardly any straights for around 10 mins and barely going over 30mph and according to the senior tech the steering is fine. I told him once u drive it on straight roads at speed u can feel the pulling etc but he didn't seem convinced. We go back to the garage and he asks me to take a seat while he checks tyre pressures etc. The manager comes back with a stupid smug look in his face and tells me the cars fine, he's drove it around the (small) car park and the steerings straight and there's nothing more they can do.. After 5 mins of going back and forth he says I can come in next Monday to see the overall manager and if he says alignments out they can sort it otherswise there's nothing more they can do. Feel like I'm going to get messed about further and end up losing my head. Any options what I can do from here?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sujaob8m8ml683pprho4p7ubil&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Mercedes main dealer issues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:19:09 am »
Take it somewhere that knows what they are doing?

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:54:28 am »
After paying £240 for alignment and circa £1500 in their dealership in the last 2 weeks they really should be sorting it out for me

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »
Try writing a polite complaint letter to the Manager of dealership explaining what happened, and that you think they should sort it out. If you don't get satisfaction write another polite letter to Mercedes UK, with a copy of earlier letter.

That should get you a response.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sujaob8m8ml683pprho4p7ubil&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »
240 for alignment is a joke. Should be 100 max. Cut your losses and go elsewhere. Vote with your feel and send the manager a letter