Make a donation

Author Topic: Gmac's mk5 TR gti  (Read 12420 times)

Offline gman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Gmac's mk5 TR gti
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »
new member here, had to comment because I have the same wheel and colour combo - thought I was the only one. :happy2: Have you kept your alloys hyper silver? I'm thinking something darker may go better with the red.

Couldn't resist making use of an empty underground parking lot  :grin:

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 06:33:56 am »
Nice  :happy2:
Edition 30 num 859

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:49 pm »
NIce gman, even got a similar user name!!  Lol :happy2: :signLOL: Happy with the colour as they are tbh.

Offline gman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 10:05:17 pm »
Yeah it is a weird coincidence we have such a similar username, same colour and wheel combo  :signLOL: What can I say, seems we have good taste haha

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »
So I've had a intermittent cruise control stalk for a while now, I took it apart about a month or so ago, and gave wires a wiggle.  This seemed to cure it, but alas it became intermittent again, always when using the right hand indicator, so it must have been stretching a contact somewhere.  So I got a replacement from a fb page from a boy selling one on there, got it fitted yesterday and all is good in the world. Obviously early days but i'm confidant that this has solved the issue.  I'll probably take the old one apart and see whats what with it.  Could well be an easy fix. :happy2:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »
So I've had a intermittent cruise control stalk for a while now, I took it apart about a month or so ago, and gave wires a wiggle.  This seemed to cure it, but alas it became intermittent again, always when using the right hand indicator, so it must have been stretching a contact somewhere.  So I got a replacement from a fb page from a boy selling one on there, got it fitted yesterday and all is good in the world. Obviously early days but i'm confidant that this has solved the issue.  I'll probably take the old one apart and see whats what with it.  Could well be an easy fix. :happy2:

Great build! Well done. Mine's TR too. Clearly the best colour :happy2:

My C/C is not working also. VCDS says it's an intermittent stalk fault. The green light comes on on the dash when you flick the switch but other than that is does bog all. Were you getting the green light on the dash or was it just doing nothing?

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 09:54:09 pm »

Great build! Well done. Mine's TR too. Clearly the best colour :happy2:

My C/C is not working also. VCDS says it's an intermittent stalk fault. The green light comes on on the dash when you flick the switch but other than that is does bog all. Were you getting the green light on the dash or was it just doing nothing?

I was getting the green light on the dash, but it would be this that disappeared when operating the right hand indicator, i'd then turn the ignition off then back on and sometimes that would restore it, but it was random, you could turn the key off about ten times and it wouldnt restore the green light, but other times it would happen straight away.  HTH

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 06:41:10 pm »
^^  that is super helpful mate!

I was holding off on buying a new stalk because I thought that with the green light lighting up it couldn't be the stalks fault. If you see what I mean?

But considering you were having the green light and your c/c wasn't working it sounds like it's pretty similar to my situation.

Will go ahead and buy a new stalk now :happy2: