Make a donation

Author Topic: Bryans Black GTI -  (Read 25492 times)

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
Re: Bryans Black GTI -
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »
Plz remove the red GTI badge inside the car....  :fighting:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:58 pm »
Plz remove the red GTI badge inside the car....  :fighting:

No  :P
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:27 am »
Love the red strip on the mirrors!! 

i just got a black 3 door, and think i will have to get that done for mine.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 11:46:10 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^ Yip they look pretty good.

Thats my badge, painted laquerd and hardend Now. Im really happy with the finish, i even surprized myself
Here is a wee pic, with some Nice APs in the background.

Ill hopefully get round to fitting it today if my hangover allows !

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 03:51:53 pm »
Ooooohhhh you whore, those brakes look awesome  :star: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 06:26:06 pm »
Those calipers are uber light weight,  all those parts are sitting on top of a nice set of KW Coilovers too :smiley:

Got my badge fitted today, thats much better on the rear end now, couldnt face doing anything else though, rough night ...... :sick:

sorry about the crappy i phone images. Next week my new front splitter goes in for painting and customising.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »
A little update, the car has had a lot of work done over the last few days

KW coilovers
Eibach ARBs
WALK
AP Racing brakes
VWR Lower Mount
Blue Flame Exhaust

The car has only been dropped 20-25mm on the coilovers and the arbs are set to hard on the rears, its hard for me to tell exactly what differance which item has made, but this cars handeling is absolutly amazing now, it just corners and grips ! understeer has been improved no end, the damping is superb and and im surprised that the ride quality hasnt suffered to badly either. The car still handles very neutal with the ARB settings and if you lift of mid corner in the dry you can feel the cars rear end starting to tug like it wants to break free but it still just stays nicly in line ! The steering has also been improved all you need to do is just turn the wheel a fraction and the car istantly reacts !, moves over and turns in without drama or body roll !
it really has been a stunning transformation !

The APs Pro 5000 are amazing, my best mod yet with out a doubt ! they are so powerfull and just stop the car with out you even realising that they are working. These are so controlable and managable, i really cant think how it would be possible to improve these on the mk5 chassis they are just perfect and so well ballanced.

The engine mount also has seemed to tighten things up, its hard to explain, but the the acceleration feels .............more solid ? with a better uptake, there is more vibration and feel through the pedals but no more virbration noises ? its hard to put in to words but the car feels differant and crisper if you know what i mean

The car has changed for the good, its harder more focused and in all honestly i cant think of anything id rather be driving its coming on a treat and hopefully will be finshed pretty soon !

Ill put up some pics of the blue flame tomorrow i forgot all bout it in the driving exitment ( Even though its prtty hard to forget about  :evilgrin: )

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:58:45 pm by gobbleplease »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 10:47:31 pm »
Your car gets better but your photography skills dont.  :signLOL:
At least your car is cleaner on the last couple of shots.  :pomppomp:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »
Its just so much easyer to take photos on the i phone and upload using the photobucket app, pics are bad ill agree ! its due to exitment and wanting to get out for an other drive, i really need to stop being so lazy and take pics with a real camera and take my time . I thought my ARB and WALK pic was particularly Scabby :sick:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 11:27:20 pm »
Mind me asking where you got the brakes and discs from? And also how much you paid for them?
Car is starting to look really good, though may I suggest either getting a full length number plate, or consider getting a US spec bumper, as the rear of the car (and the front) looks spoiled by those large gaps either side.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 12:11:12 am »
The brakes are custom jobbies from Dave b on here, I'm not sure if he has a constant supply off them, as far as I'm aware there were only two sets made, you would be better speaking to Dave about them mate. I think the road versions that rr has retail at about 1750 but can be had for about the 1600 mark if you know where to look. If you are looking for some stoppers wheather they are Aps or not I would say speak too Dave as I've seen a few other kits he has and they look ace.

I have pressed full length plates to go on mate, but I'm waiting for my new front splitter to be painted first, I also need to replace a bit of that plastic mesh trim as a stone has smashed it to pieces, I'm getting there though

next week it's rns 510 and carbon fibre dash if I find the time. 

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 09:20:05 pm »
Blueflame exhaust fitted now, im a bit disapointed that blueflame didnt supply exhaust clamps so i had to find my own !
otherwise its a grate system. It grumbles and pops on the over-run, not boomy at all under normal driving and on motorways.
Its quite loud on cold start up but when its been running for a wee while it calms right down, its got a nice tone when ripping it too although i did expect it to be louder.

BIG PIPES

also fitted was the RNS 510, although due to needing an ariel adaptor to convert the twin to single ive decided to remove it until i get the adaptor. You can probably see from the picture that the vents and lower trim has suffered from some air freshner weepage so im going to replace that when it gets refitted !

Next weekend its remap and intercooler time !!!! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »
Really coming along now pal, glad you are enjoying the Blueflame they are a class bit of kit  :congrats: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 04:35:41 pm »
Blueflame exhaust fitted now, im a bit disapointed that blueflame didnt supply exhaust clamps so i had to find my own !
otherwise its a grate system. It grumbles and pops on the over-run, not boomy at all under normal driving and on motorways.
Its quite loud on cold start up but when its been running for a wee while it calms right down, its got a nice tone when ripping it too although i did expect it to be louder.

BIG PIPES

also fitted was the RNS 510, although due to needing an ariel adaptor to convert the twin to single ive decided to remove it until i get the adaptor. You can probably see from the picture that the vents and lower trim has suffered from some air freshner weepage so im going to replace that when it gets refitted !

Next weekend its remap and intercooler time !!!! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa

Discreet torpedo launchers there Bryan!

I like the setup and the choice of mods so far. Does it drive any differently as in feel and response?  :smiley:
Keep it up  :congrats:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:15 pm »
Yea the blueflame is sweeeet !

The feel and response has improved no-end Pete. If you turn the wheel, even just a touch the car responds instantly without roll or any dramas, the stiffer bushes ect give improved feel through the wheel and pedals and it really let's you feel what the engine is doing and what kind of ground and grip the front wheels are finding. The damping is great, it just works and really soaks up everything perfectly with out the oem squirm, basically you don't even think about the suspension anymore it just works and I can't think of how it can be improved. The arbs are great too the only time I think I would benifit from oem arbs are on corners with pot holes (they don't even need to be that deep) the car suffers from spin when you even apply a little throttle on the power out, it wasn't as bad on oem arbs but whenit finds it's grip again it grips harder than oem, so it's swings and roundabouts really but like I said in all other situations the updated arbs make a differance.
Obviously with all this the ride comfort suffers a bit on rough ground but it's better than standard at high speed over uneven surfaces IMO. The ride hasn't suffered too much it's just deep low speed pot holes that really does my box in