Offline Murphyboy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hello!
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:44 pm »
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself, recently I acquired a 2006 VW golf mk5 GTI (5 door in red) as my new daily driver.

As this forum looks to be a wealth of knowledge I thought I would introduce myself!

Although I'm new to the Mk5 GTI . I have had a range of the VW's such as:

VW T25 1989 1.6td which has been my daily for the last 3 years but I am currently rebuilding the engine after a head gasket issue, hence the new daily!

2007 VW Passat saloon 1.9TDI this is my partners daily.

1971 Beetle as my first car but due to a "slight" rust issue had to be broken for spares.

1972 Beetle which we sold to buy the Passat, after buying a house we had to grow up and lose some toys.

Also had a Mk3 Golf CL slammed on coilover for a bit of fun. I liked the car but the speed bumps ended its life prematurely!

I'm located near Peterborough.

As with any new car I'm sure there will be some teething problems... but I'm liking it so far!

Cheers

Murph

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:10:53 am »
Welcome Murph  :happy2:

Get some pics up.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Murphyboy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
Here are some pictures of the golf, (The track stickers have now been removed - Not my thing). As you can see pretty much completely standard at the moment.

I currently have a damaged air box/engine cover (Where the screws go to join the top and bottom someone has over tightened and snapped them), which means it rattles slightly. So any recommendations on a after market replacement?   

I also have a set of these laying around but I think the offset is a tad low for on a GTI so some more research required.