Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice needed for k04 conversion  (Read 7152 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: Advice needed for k04 conversion
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 11:48:37 am »
Evening all,
Im in aid of some advice with my car
Back in June I had a full k04 conversion,cambelt,helix organic clutch,valve clean,runner flap delete, also I was running Revo stage 2+ then went on to Revo stage "3
this is the main issue Is what I'm dealing with, when Im on full boost it spiked@23psi then it  backs off between 5500-6000k to 15psi then surged back up to 20psi and holds to red line
I thought that's not right so I phoned up I asked the question is this right, he said it's most likely to be the settings it's on to cause that issue, so I thought okay I'll pop up and have The settings looked at, he had the car 5 days he Phoned me up to say the car was running dangerously lean and the ecu is backing off the boost to protect the engine, the  measuring block 001 was showing 24.6  enrichment on the lambda +25% is the max... so it was maxing out !
Am I right in saying when mapping a car your meant to look into these things to make sure it's running perfectly so they've either not bothered looking in to this when I first had all the work done or did and left it as it is and let me take it home on 2 separate occasions with this serious fault!! 
Any advice would be helpful were I stand thank you

So just to depict it more clearly:

You had a regular GTI, you took them a box of K04 & other bits, they fitted it all for you, they flashed the ECU with Revo Stage 3 and sent you on your way?

Which parts from your list were already fitted prior to the K04 upgrade, and does this garage have a dyno?

I'm just trying to pin down the error point.   Engines which have had a lot of parts put on at once can be tricky to fault find back to the offending part(s).  I'm pretty sure something mechanical is amiss.  It's highly unlikely the ECU programming is at fault.  We just need to try and work it back.

The only thing my gut is tingling about is the aftermarket LPFP.  Do you have the OEM one you could try, just to outrule it?    Edition 30s don't need LPFP upgrades until way past 350hp, so not entirely sure what led you down that path?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline jhook661

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98678.0.html
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 12:54:29 pm »
Evening all,
Im in aid of some advice with my car
Back in June I had a full k04 conversion,cambelt,helix organic clutch,valve clean,runner flap delete, also I was running Revo stage 2+ then went on to Revo stage "3
this is the main issue Is what I'm dealing with, when Im on full boost it spiked@23psi then it  backs off between 5500-6000k to 15psi then surged back up to 20psi and holds to red line
I thought that's not right so I phoned up I asked the question is this right, he said it's most likely to be the settings it's on to cause that issue, so I thought okay I'll pop up and have The settings looked at, he had the car 5 days he Phoned me up to say the car was running dangerously lean and the ecu is backing off the boost to protect the engine, the  measuring block 001 was showing 24.6  enrichment on the lambda +25% is the max... so it was maxing out !
Am I right in saying when mapping a car your meant to look into these things to make sure it's running perfectly so they've either not bothered looking in to this when I first had all the work done or did and left it as it is and let me take it home on 2 separate occasions with this serious fault!! 
Any advice would be helpful were I stand thank you

So just to depict it more clearly:

You had a regular GTI, you took them a box of K04 & other bits, they fitted it all for you, they flashed the ECU with Revo Stage 3 and sent you on your way?

Which parts from your list were already fitted prior to the K04 upgrade, and does this garage have a dyno?

I'm just trying to pin down the error point.   Engines which have had a lot of parts put on at once can be tricky to fault find back to the offending part(s).  I'm pretty sure something mechanical is amiss.  It's highly unlikely the ECU programming is at fault.  We just need to try and work it back.

The only thing my gut is tingling about is the aftermarket LPFP.  Do you have the OEM one you could try, just to outrule it?    Edition 30s don't need LPFP upgrades until way past 350hp, so not entirely sure what led you down that path?

So it was on Revo stage 2+ K03 gti  before the conversion happened  so the loba,Revo intake,turbo back exhaust, apr Intercooler, the standard lpfp was on there when issues was brought to my attention bare in mind I phoned them up soon after having the conversion done, telling them about this issue and they said it was the Revo settings I was on  :thinking:
I was told by the garage it could be the lpfp struggling to keep up so it was replaced as a precaution but made little difference so after that I logged it again then sent them over it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get told the software was at fault  :sick:
So I've been driving around with issue for 6 months!
Modded Golf gti CDL engine TTE420 turbo
Rtech 440bhp 429ftlb

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 01:28:55 pm »
Thats not good. So they told you what the (possible) problem was but didnt offer for you to bring it back to diagnose?

Have you contacted them to let them know youi've changed the LFP?

With all that has going into the conversion, plus mapping I think its a bit fair field to put it down to fuel pump without proper testing.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 02:54:14 pm »
Just stumbled onto this thread by chance and sounds similar to your issues - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3242.0.html

It's something to do with an incorrect fuel pressure sensor causing exactly the issues you describe.  It's a K04 car with Revo Stage 2+ as well.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline jhook661

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98678.0.html
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »
I've read that @Pudding 
it's possible but I'm not having any fault codes which is even more strange  :thinking:
Modded Golf gti CDL engine TTE420 turbo
Rtech 440bhp 429ftlb

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:38 pm »
Had a look at the logs..... Have you tried turning the boost request down? Your boost is off the scale i.e. its consistently more than what the ECU can read. There's no way of seeing exactly how much boost you are running to know whether that is the cause of your fuelling issue.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »
Thats not good. So they told you what the (possible) problem was but didnt offer for you to bring it back to diagnose?

Have you contacted them to let them know youi've changed the LFP?

With all that has going into the conversion, plus mapping I think its a bit fair field to put it down to fuel pump without proper testing.

the lpfp has been replaced so I doubt it's that and sounds better what dan mentioned but see what jhook replies back with.