Make a donation

Author Topic: Using S3/TT parts on a Mk5 GTi  (Read 1710 times)

Offline SamMas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Using S3/TT parts on a Mk5 GTi
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »
Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I'm going to be tackling a few worn components on the front of my GTi in the next week or two, I just have a couple quick questions for you all first.

Those that are running the S3/TT Console bushes, do these slot straight into the standard GTi housing?
As when I've been to my local factor for a price on the Febi's, we got talking and they mentioned there is a notable difference in diameter of the bushes. The S3/TT being slightly smaller, and likely to just fall straight back out?

Has anyone used the PSB (Problem Solving Bushes) for the smaller front bush? Fairly cheap off the old 'bay.

Lastly, has anybody used the TT balljoints on standard GTi arms? Similar part but with adjustability?

Any thoughts/input is appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
Re: Using S3/TT parts on a Mk5 GTi
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 11:30:30 pm »
Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I'm going to be tackling a few worn components on the front of my GTi in the next week or two, I just have a couple quick questions for you all first.

Those that are running the S3/TT Console bushes, do these slot straight into the standard GTi housing?
As when I've been to my local factor for a price on the Febi's, we got talking and they mentioned there is a notable difference in diameter of the bushes. The S3/TT being slightly smaller, and likely to just fall straight back out?

Has anyone used the PSB (Problem Solving Bushes) for the smaller front bush? Fairly cheap off the old 'bay.

Lastly, has anybody used the TT balljoints on standard GTi arms? Similar part but with adjustability?

Any thoughts/input is appreciated.

Cheers.

You can fit S3 console bush, but not the TT

You can't fit TT ball joints to standard wishbones, you need the TT arms.

Do a search on here, there's lots of info on both of these  :happy2:

@SamMas

Offline SamMas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 12:24:19 am »
Yeah I've read a lot on here and some American sites too. But the information seems to be a bit mix-match.

Perfect mate, thank you! @fab5freddy

Offline reflexsilverfox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:13:35 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-33973-Control-Arm-Trailing-Arm-Bush-Front-Axle-left-or-right-Rear-/302041857607?hash=item465318fe47:g:o6oAAOSw0UdXsA0B

They are the console bushes you need. They fit them standard to the TT - no difference in the outer part just solid with no voids.

Got mine fitted a couple of weeks ago and they are brilliant  :happy2:

Offline SamMas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:04 pm »
@reflexsilverfox Cheers buddy, nice to hear that you had no problems with them!

I did a bit more digging since posting this, it seems that the TT bushes are slightly smaller in diameter compared to the GTi bushes by a 1.5mm or so, then the S3 ones only being less than 0.5mm smaller than the GTi bushes. The S3 and TT bushes being the same with no voids.

How did you find the fit of the TT bushes?

Offline reflexsilverfox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:44:32 pm »
No problem mate