Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello From Halifax!  (Read 2198 times)

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Hello From Halifax!
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »
Hi everyone. Just joined up as I've got rid of my complete mess of a Mini Cooper (don't buy one, they're awful little things) and picked up a 2006 GTI in black, DSG, loads and loads of options ticked, full VW history, 1 previous owner and heated beige leather!

Bit of experience (kind of) with these as I had a mk2 Octavia vRS a good few years back which didn't feel half as quick or well built as the GTI does. Anyway, for now the car will be staying standard whilst I sort a few niggly bits of bodywork out but I have ordered carbon paddle extensions and OEM GTI mats. First on the list once thats done though is a Kenwood head unit - may even take the one out my T5 and shove it in the GTI and get something else for the van but air on the van is taking priority!

Looking around, seems like a flippin ace resource here so looking forward to getting stuck into the car - its a proper keeper.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Hello From Halifax!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:41:39 pm »
Welcome to the site

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:57:16 pm »
Welcome

Offline SamMas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:21 pm »
Welcome buddy, I'm only in Leeds up near the airport  :happy2:

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 02:29:18 pm »
Coming up to 3 years now and it seems like it is indeed a keeper! Really should buy a bigger (2 growing boys and now a dog) and more economical car but given its a) our second car and b) so damned good, we're keeping it for the forseeable future. Done some stuff to it since buying it but nothing major - servicing, new brakes, new wings, few little bits of interior trim that was worn has been replaced, smooth grill etc but hopefully got some new wheels lined up and despite being very much a "suspension before wheels" type person, suspension won't be far behind...