Make a donation

Author Topic: Possibly the best trim detailer ever?  (Read 8131 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Possibly the best trim detailer ever?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 07:01:10 pm »
Ok just a quick update.

A couple of weeks in and 2 decent washes of the GTI, and all plastic trim is beading beautifully and very simple to wipe clean  :happy2: I even treated the door trim and window rubbers, these all look brand new and also beading great! I highly recommend this product. I did all the front honeycomb grill with it, and that is also a lot better, no water spots at all and very easy to clean and dry now.

Great stuff, very impressed.  :xmaslaugh:

Do you have to ''prepare'' the plastic before applying? Im thinking of getting some for the MK2.................

veedub18

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »
Ok just a quick update.

A couple of weeks in and 2 decent washes of the GTI, and all plastic trim is beading beautifully and very simple to wipe clean  :happy2: I even treated the door trim and window rubbers, these all look brand new and also beading great! I highly recommend this product. I did all the front honeycomb grill with it, and that is also a lot better, no water spots at all and very easy to clean and dry now.

Do you have to ''prepare'' the plastic before applying? Im thinking of getting some for the MK2.................

Just wipe it clean with IPA or Panelwipe, make sure there's nothing left on it that could interfere with the bonding before using the C4.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 08:24:59 pm »
Ok just a quick update.

Just wipe it clean with IPA or Panelwipe, make sure there's nothing left on it that could interfere with the bonding before using the C4.

Could you point me in the direction of said 'panel wipes/IPA'? (ps what's an IPA?)  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 08:27:51 pm »
IPA = isopropyl alcohol

I use this stuff to clean my laptop, my computer, my keyboard, my mouse, my TV.....

I buy mine from maplins for about £5 for a can, along with a can of compressed air to blast out dirt from keyboard and from PC innards.

clicky
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:29:43 pm by stealthwolf »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »
Cheers Stealth  :happy2:

Every days a school day  :jumpmove: