Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge K04 wastegate actuator fitted  (Read 29768 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Forge K04 wastegate actuator fitted
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »
Well, its not that im looking for extra performance, but rather stop the air leaking out.. which im pretty sure is what im hearing

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 06:52:19 pm »
Well, its not that im looking for extra performance, but rather stop the air leaking out.. which im pretty sure is what im hearing

That is probably the only reason to try the Forge actuator. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »
Supposedly you can initially try tightening up the oem valve.. may be worth a try

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 12:40:52 pm »
Not relevant to the TFSI or K04 but....

All good fun and something we spent many an hour road mapping/altering/adjusting on my old Saab 9-3 Aero coupe project, I had the stock TD04-15T unit with the Forge Actuator and 2.3 conversion which managed 300bhp and 350 LB/FT and ran a 5.5 second 60-100MPH in 4th gear. Tried both the Green and Yellow springs both with and without addition pre-tension and did a run whilst logging and made adjustments etc.

You reach the point of clutching at straws especially if you cannot custom Map or alter the duty cycle of the boost control solenoid.....Adding another turn on the actuator can alter the base boost by a few PSI which throws out the rest of the software this causing an aggresive boost built or spike. Too little pre-tension and the Airmass request cant be achieved. Balancing act indeed!

I would probably advise anyone against making any actuator adjustments on their cars without proper mapping or logging equipment, just my two penneth :)

Cheers