Make a donation

Author Topic: ECS subframe collar kit  (Read 8201 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: ECS subframe collar kit
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 03:44:33 pm »
Mine was fitted by Alex so would imagine it was done correctly lol.
Did you nvh increase inside the cabin on tick over but whet away as soon as you started moving. @Pudding

Defo if he did it  :happy2:

The Vibra was on my car when I bought it, with OEM side mounts and it seems fine to me.  There are some weird rumbling noises when taking up the clutch around 1000rpm but not sure if that's the mount causing it.  I've driven a few 100% standard GTIs since owning mine and there's barely any difference in NVH  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »
I have all this stuff fitted but only started to knock once I fitted vibra technics mount.
This ain't the cause of the knock just when the subframe was dropped it's obviously started from then.

Did you align the notch on the Vibra mount with the anti roll bar?

Not got round to fitting it yet mate, did u take your subframe out to do yours ?

I was replying to Stiggy as a possible cause for his knocking, but the previous owner already did the Vibra mount on mine, so not sure on the fitting procedures.

One thing I would recommend is caking it in anti-seize grease, because if you don't, it sure as hell ain't coming out of the subframe again!

Tried to replace it on mine with a newer one but it's corroded in there solid.

My bad. Can I be really cheeky and ask where u got your vwr shock and new front wheel bearings from and how much u paid mate.

Sure thing bud.  Got the VWR shocks/springs from Awesome for £550ish I think, and the bearings were £120ish each from the dealer.   They went up £15 in February.  I only put genuine parts on my car so don't mind paying a bit more, but my dealer does me 10% off everything for loyalty anyway  :smiley:

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 04:08:03 pm »
Argh mines only been in for a couple Thousand miles so might need to settle more plus mine is dsg so you get more nvh anyways. Good mod tho could fill the difference when it was fitted. Just need the collar kit and fit my alloy hub housing. How you finding the vwr springs

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »
Yeah they do soften up a bit.  Haven't driven a DSG TFSI, only an R32 and yeah they do have some noises and quirks!  Sure is, certainly helps cut the annoying wheel hop!

Collar kit is on my to do list.   Yeah loving the VWR stuff so far.  Better ride quality than standard and holds up nicely round the corners too  :happy2:

One thing I noticed and I'm not sure if it's because alloy wishbones and hubs are a softer density than steel, or if it's the VWR stuff, but there's a lot less road noise coming into the cabin now  :smiley:

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 04:43:00 pm »
Nice results then there @Pudding I have the super pro alloy arms already fitted with the bushes was a great mod just need the hubs doing now.
I'm h&r springs with original dcc dampers so didn't want to change the dampers but was thinking of changing to vwr springs.
Reason being the car is now catching on speed bumps so was thinking vwr springs weren't as low as h&r. But not sure that is the case

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »
DCC? Is yours a MK7?  My Ed30 hasn't caught on anything yet with the VWR springs, so they might be a bit higher than your H&Rs.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 05:28:20 pm »
Mine sometimes catches on speed bumps with the VWR springs

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 06:03:44 pm »
Mk6 it is. Might be worth staying on the h&rs then need to get some good pics of the ride height up for me might not be much of a difference in it.

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 09:58:03 pm »
Ordered tyrolsport kit in the end from garage midnight through eBay.
Should be here Thursday