Make a donation

Author Topic: Climate Control Query....  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Climate Control Query....
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »
My car has the dual zone climate control fitted which has been great so far. I have a question though. Does the car measure the air temp in the vents/aircon system or the air in the cabin and if so where are the sensors? The only reason I ask is that on my way home today I though I would give the aircon a blast and to stop it going poop through lack of use but when I set it to 16 degrees it was still blowing warm? If I put it on low it goes cold within a few seconds but on 16 degrees its warm even after ten minutes. This got me wondering if the aircons shafted or if the temp sensors were colder than 16 degrees and thats why they were still blowing warm.

Anyone know?

:confused:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:48:57 pm by Boothmeister »

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Climate Control Query....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:49:24 pm »
Thats probably right, low for me means 'cold', 16degrees is not cold, its reasonably warm  :confused:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »
In the summer though 16 degrees is blowing cold. I know its gonna feel colder because its warm outside but it was blowing as hot on 16 as it was on say, 25?

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:10:12 pm »
In the summer though 16 degrees is blowing cold. I know its gonna feel colder because its warm outside but it was blowing as hot on 16 as it was on say, 25?

16 degrees isn't cold.  When you have it on 16 degrees in the summer is the climate control on auto?

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »
Sometimes I have it on auto yes? Thats the lowest temp it goes though other than 'low'. If thats not cold then hows the car getting cold? Now I'm confused.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 08:27:52 pm »
Sometimes I have it on auto yes? Thats the lowest temp it goes though other than 'low'. If thats not cold then hows the car getting cold? Now I'm confused.

When on auto it will blow out the coldest air possible until the cabin reaches the set temp.  I have mine on 21 deg all year round and id imagine set at 16 it would run on the coldest settings for a good while to get the cabin down to that temp on a hot summers day.  

PS, my old alfa was tested to confirm the aircon was working as cold as it should and that was recording 5 degrees on low setting so gives you an idea of the difference in temp between 5 and 16 degrees
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:30:57 pm by winrya »

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:46:04 pm »
Its also worth pointing out that the a/c won't operate at all if the outside temperature is less than 5 Deg C to protect itself from freezing up.

In the summer when its warm outside, 16 Deg C will feel pretty damn cold and will need a/c assistance to get it that cold.  In the winter 16 deg will feel relatively warm and the outside air will need to be heated up to get it that warm.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:53:05 am »
Mine has been set at 23 for weeks now.  :grin:  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:44 am »
Its also worth pointing out that the a/c won't operate at all if the outside temperature is less than 5 Deg C to protect itself from freezing up.

In the summer when its warm outside, 16 Deg C will feel pretty damn cold and will need a/c assistance to get it that cold.  In the winter 16 deg will feel relatively warm and the outside air will need to be heated up to get it that warm.
I think this settles it...

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:53 am »
Noticed sometimes a bit of a damp patch under the car close the the left hand side wheel after the car has been parked up,is there some sort of pipe or something for any air con condensation to run from ?.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 04:14:30 pm »
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, honest. Cheers for the help peeps. :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 04:24:00 pm »
Gene H yes there is a pipe that runs inside the front drivers side wheel arch liner and down to the bottom of the car it disperses the condensation from the A/C

Darren :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:35 pm »
 :happy2:.