Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 iPod dock in armrest broken...change for aux or similar  (Read 1294 times)

Cossiebhoy

Hi new to the forum.
My wife has an MK5 Golf match 1.9tdi with and RCD300 stereo with iPod dock in the armrest. The dock itself has a lose connection somewhere. I have stripped it out and can see no obvious fault (broken connection etc). Can I swap this out for aux or something similar? It has a 12pin connection to connect the dock, can this be used to plug something else in or can I remove the dock cables altogether from the back of the stereo and replace with something else?
Not really want to spend too much on it as may be upgrading car next year.
Thanks

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
Re: MK5 iPod dock in armrest broken...change for aux or similar
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:30:47 am »
Hi new to the forum.
My wife has an MK5 Golf match 1.9tdi with and RCD300 stereo with iPod dock in the armrest. The dock itself has a lose connection somewhere. I have stripped it out and can see no obvious fault (broken connection etc). Can I swap this out for aux or something similar? It has a 12pin connection to connect the dock, can this be used to plug something else in or can I remove the dock cables altogether from the back of the stereo and replace with something else?
Not really want to spend too much on it as may be upgrading car next year.
Thanks

i changed my ipod dock to a factory cd changer, i got it off ebay approx £60 & it uses the same lead as the ipod dock.