Make a donation

Author Topic: Revs dropping/cutting out issue  (Read 1867 times)

Offline gazaai

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Revs dropping/cutting out issue
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:02:30 pm »
Hi my car seems to be having issues with maintaining idle speed after a WOT pull then dipping the clutch. I have recorded a log of this happening monitoring mostly the fuel pressures and duty cycle of the lpfp. Although as far as I can tell none of these seem to be an issue.

When I put in the clutch the revs will go down as normal but goes past 720 rpm and drops to around 400 rpm or even cuts out sometimes.
Is anyone able to have a look at the log please and see if anything is out of the ordinary:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7IT3IWBzvQ0mDS0aIerBVU99Cvwr4geb-SqharADAU/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Revs dropping/cutting out issue
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:43 pm »
Have you checked the PCV? Your idle is all over the shop, MAF values are high and lambda is rich for idle.... Screams vacuum leak.... What are the values in measuring block 032? Dont clear the fault codes or these values will reset
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline gazaai

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:48 pm »
Cheers Dan the PCV was replaced about 6 months ago and the only test I've done on it is pulling the dip stick when it's running and the engine goes crazy which I think means pcv is fine. The 032 values are -1.9, -9 and my car has been k04 converted btw running revo stage 3 software just in case you thought it was stock.

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »
I'm talking about the idle values, I didnt scroll down through all that data - far too much for me.... :signLOL:

What intake? and which is the idle and which is the multiplicative figure? PCV is just one idea, sounds very much air leak related to me
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline gazaai

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:57:14 pm »
Ah ok lol -1.9 value is idle. It's a EVOMS I take I've checked all the clamps and Hoses for the intake and intercooler pipes seems fine. Might need to check the vacuum Hoses as well. The idle was a cold start so don't know if that would cause it to jump around 760 / 720 I'll need to relog it when warm.