All Things MK6 R and GTI > MK6 Members Rides

Mats Mk6 - Tornado Red GTi - Detailing and mods

<< < (3/3)

Kai96:
Paintwork looks stunning. You have some good camera skills to  :signLOL:

RobC:
Absolutely stunning looking car! A credit to the work you've put in, top job mate  :happy2:

matmk5:
Thanks for the kind comments all, very much appreciated  :happy2:

Error free LED sidelight bulbs arrived today so after some fiddling with my fat fingers I got them in... look great bur ARGHHH! only part of the car I didnt machine polish was headlamps and the white light showed up swirly swirls! lol... soooo a couple of hours three stage polishing the headlamps tonight, sealed and then buffed and Im happy again... super clear swirl free plastic  :happy2:

P7241472

P7241403

In an effort to deter the wife from hitting me with a pan if I spend one more night in the garage I'm going to give the polishing a rest now and concentrate on a few other bits I want to do... probably a performance exhaust or some subtle lowering next I think  :laugh:

matmk5:

--- Quote from: dervdave on July 23, 2017, 06:43:22 pm ---Fantastic job !  like the Cemetery shots do you live there ?

--- End quote ---

No, its just down the road from our house though and its good for photos as its always dead quiet... 'dead' quiet... Ill get my coat  :sad1:

matmk5:
Well, we had a 850 mile family road trip around North Wales planned so before we set off I thought I had better get to the bottom of the annoying ''rumble feeling and strange fan howling noise'' that happened every time I was sat stationary in traffic.

After some fumbling around under the car with a torch and some trial and error with different ancillaries running I finally tracked it down to a piece of the air con fan having snapped off throwing it out of balance and causing the vibration and noise.  I managed to find an OEM replacement, GSF, £260.. ouch... Euro Carparts £65 plus 30% off.... oush!  :happy2:

I'm almost certain that JCT600 will have done the damage to the fan when replacing the old aircon pump with this new super shiny super sexual one but there's no way of proving it.. hey ho....

Air box out, four bolts, radiator fan frame all out and old fan removed.

New fan fitted... good as new

Ahhh... vibration free and no noise, and off to Wales we go... quick snap of her sat on the seafront in Caernarfon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version