Make a donation

Author Topic: Speed Camera!  (Read 2372 times)

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Speed Camera!
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:25:50 am »
So,

I am casually on my way to work doing the speed limit for the majority of the way there.

I approach the roundabout, move onto the roundabout at 40 to go straight over and enter a 30mph dual carriage way which turns into a single lane.

So as I am half way round the roundabout, this absolute moron continues at me from my left with no sign of slowing down at all. He is edging closer and closer. I panic and give the car a bit of beans to avoid anything that may happen (looked like I would have been side swiped)

I get onto the 30mph (not sure what speed I am at now) I look in my mirrors and there he goes speeding across the roundabout.

I then look ahead of me and there is a bloody mobile speed vehicle down the other end of this straight stretch of road.... so I slow down and stop at a bus stop to compose myself.

What is the likely hood of me being stung?!
I have footage of my journey of doing sensible driving until the idiot comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Speed Camera!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:09:48 pm »
If you're caught, you're caught.

Can't argue something like that, they just won't listen to it.

Hopefully you got lucky and they were only setting up!

willni

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 03:56:22 pm »
You could appeal it and hire a solicitor to argue your point, if it's the points you're worried about. If you have the footage and if it shows the moron on the roundabout you'd have a good go at it, but don't represent yourself.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:40 pm »
Sounds like a few days anticipating Postman Pat to deliver a NIP. I think they have to be sent within 14 days, assuming all of your documents are up to date address-wise.  :sad1: Let's hope that you're lucky and nothing arrives

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:55:33 pm »
I have only managed to review the footage on the camera so the video quality isnt great. I managed to get the moron coming towards the round about and as I go into his path the camera shows that I have sped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:56:24 pm »
Not a chance of winning an appeal against speeding if you are caught on camera.
I have been on speed and and road awareness courses and have asked many questions.  :signLOL:

You would have been told that you should have slowed down and pulled over rather than speeding up.
I was told if you even moved forward at a red light (With camera) to allow an emergency vehicle to get through you would be nicked.

Zero tolerance when it comes to cash safety.

(Did I say cash, I meant 'road' safety)
Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

willni

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:46 pm »
Not a chance of winning an appeal against speeding if you are caught on camera.
I have been on speed and and road awareness courses and have asked many questions.  :signLOL:

You would have been told that you should have slowed down and pulled over rather than speeding up.
I was told if you even moved forward at a red light (With camera) to allow an emergency vehicle to get through you would be nicked.

Zero tolerance when it comes to cash safety.

(Did I say cash, I meant 'road' safety)

Common sense really is missing from people that make up driving laws