Make a donation

Author Topic: New to VW- seemed to have lost options on the MFD  (Read 1017 times)

Offline ZigzGTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New to VW- seemed to have lost options on the MFD
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:42:32 pm »
Hi All!

So i have moved over to VW from SEAT and i must say i have been missing out for the last 5 years!
Just bought a Mk5 GTI DSG and loving the drive and the extras that came with it. the previous owner had an android stereo system put in and i guessed that caused the battery to drain overnight if not driven. so i had the gateway CANBUS changed to a newer one and since then its been fine. However! i noticed the coming/leaving home light option had dissapeared from the MFD i can no longer set it from the steering wheel and the feature cannot be activated anymore whereas the lights would light up at night at unlocking/locking the doors. is that something that can be fixed using VCDS (i have VCDS)? or is it a case of the canbus not supporting this feature and so need a different one? any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline dronners

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
Re: New to VW- seemed to have lost options on the MFD
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »
i suspect the new gateway will have to be coded to match up with the options on the car so yes likely you'll need vcds fix it.