Make a donation

Author Topic: Questions on wrapping ed30 valance and lip  (Read 1272 times)

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Questions on wrapping ed30 valance and lip
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:46:11 pm »
Hi all, I'm getting a few bits wrapped in the 3m carbon vinyl soon and hoped some of you who have had it done could answer some of my questions.
Firstly, regarding the front lip, how far round the inner recess does it go to look good from the front ?  i have seen many shots taken but none which look up into the recess. Does it come around the tight radius at the deepest point and back toward the front of the car ?
Also, when they trim (as I am expecting them to do) does the blade leave a fine scratch / cut in the paint ?
With regard the front and rear badges,  are the chrome fronts to come off to enable the vinyl to fold around into the VW lettering ?
Probably get the mask done too, does this need to come off ?

Cheers in advance.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Ifti

Re: Questions on wrapping ed30 valance and lip
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:57:58 pm »
Cant answer most of your questions, but in regards to the front and rear badge - yes the chrome does come away from the plastic, so you can wrap it properly and make it look neat etc.

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »
I keep meaning to get my front valance done, but never get around to driving over to get it done.
Think they do that still on the car, they will more than likely take off hte red stripe around your grille so they can get the vinyl as far around as they can, as it shrinks when it cools, I dont really know about the other parts, but I very much doubt anyone would get it done if it leaves a scratch in the paintwork.

Offline steve D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »
It can leave marks on the bodywork but it all depends on how careful the person doing it is.
Back to standard!!!!