Make a donation

Author Topic: Need to send off licence ( 7 days allowed ) but Licence lost  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Long story short, but I've been offered a FPN for CD10 so £100 fine and 3 points; no court action; relief.

I paid the fine yesterday (received the letter yesterday) but on looking for Photo ID License, cannot find it anywhere ( you need to surrender license in this situation through the post; but are only allowed specifically 7 days after payment. ) :doh:

So I've purchased a copy ( £20 ) online and await it in the post... however I only have 7 days to send in said license.

Their opening hours are Mon - Fri 10AM to 2PM, so will call next week, however, I just wanted to fly it past you knowledgeable people and see whether any has experienced this before.

Cheers :)  :happy2:

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Need to send off licence ( 7 days allowed ) but Licence lost
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:37:44 pm »
Why did you pay the fine so quickly - don't you get 14 days or something like that?

That would have given you time to have a proper search for your licence, and if no luck,  then to have ordered a copy........ in good time. I suppose at least you're at the start of the week, so might get it in a few days. They've been pretty quick at sending stuff back when I've swapped registration numbers about.

What did it say the consequence was of not getting your licence to DVLA within the 7 days?

More haste; less speed ( whoops, ha ha) - you're getting yourself into avoidable trouble - hope it works out for you.

willni

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:06:29 pm »
A phone call should sort it out for you, as you've given them reasonable notice of the situation. Also I think you should be fine a few days late as they'd just take it as a postal delay or something. Also could send it 24 post when you get the license.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:52:26 pm »
Yes, should've waited, they allow you 28 days to pay the fine but 7 days send in the licence, my bad I just wanted it out of the way... however the form was bloody awfully laid out, but that's by the by :)

Phoned up and they've given me an extension until the end of September, so all cool.

Thanks for the responses :)