Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Breakdown Cover - Any Recommendations Pls?  (Read 4662 times)

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
Re: Car Breakdown Cover - Any Recommendations Pls?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 10:51:14 pm »
I get that "free" cover with my Nationwide Flex Plus current account too.
Have never claimed on it tho.
They won't cover the 22yo old Golf....I seem to recall that my 10 y.o. Eddy was getting "marginal" in their terms?
Will check - if I can find the paperwork.

Really?? The limitations they specify are copied and pasted below:-

What is covered

• Vehicles which are in a roadworthy condition and which are serviced and maintained in line with manufacturer guidelines and which meet all legal regulations, including if appropriate, having an MOT certificate and any applicable vehicle tax. It is your responsibility to ensure that all vehicles are kept in this condition throughout the period of cover and we may ask for proof in the event of a dispute • Caravans and trailers - your cover includes any caravan or trailer that is attached to your vehicle (this does not include help at the home address that we have on our records or within a ¼ of a mile of that address or the location at which your caravan is normally stored). Caravans and trailers must be fitted with a standard 50 millimetre ball coupling. All caravans and trailers must meet the requirements of Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

What isn’t covered

In addition to anything included in the Service limitations and exclusions section of this policy (see Section 3F): • Vehicles being used for hire and reward purposes (such as taxis) • Vehicles which were unroadworthy or were broken down before your policy began • Vehicles not registered in the UK • Vehicles using trade plates or where the vehicle is under the control of a motor trader for the purpose of its sale

Thanks for that - checked their site, looks like you're right!
Maybe my bad then? Maybe they changed the T & C's???

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 08:31:51 am »
Am I the only one who uses start rescue? Lol check their reviews online and look at what package suits you. Avoid the big boy companies like AA or RAC as they will be charging a lot. Start rescue is only £50 a year! With home start and nationwide recovery.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 04:08:35 pm »
I'm currently with Start Rescue too - MUCH cheaper then the big 2 and to be honest I can't say the service I've received is anything but amazing!

They were with me with an hour the 2 times I've had to use them, so a big thumbs up from me!

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:20 am »
I did have a look at this following rec by RetroRaz.

There seems to be a month 'activation' period, prior to cover being available - is that right? A long queue when I tried to call them, to clarify. Not sure if the cover then runs for a full 12 months, or just the remaining 11 months??? :thinking:

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 08:37:58 am »
When I did mine online, it said you dont have cover for the first 2 days. Thats understandable as some people might want to sign up and use their service as they have just broken down.