Make a donation

Author Topic: Previous MOT search  (Read 1419 times)

willni

Previous MOT search
« on: August 05, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
Put the car into https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and found these two advisories.

Advisory notice item(s)
Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components
Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay

I take it Engine cover could well just be a modified one to fit a pod filter, but what would be the under-trays? anyone know or have a guess?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Previous MOT search
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:32 pm »
Put the car into https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and found these two advisories.

Advisory notice item(s)

I take it Engine cover could well just be a modified one to fit a pod filter, but what would be the under-trays? anyone know or have a guess?
I've seen that come up on quite a few MOT checks I've done recently, for various different cars (Jetta, Passat, Octy, A4 etc).

I wondered if it was tester-speak for "couldn't check [component] without removing parts". From what I remember there's a grey area regarding testing what's either present or accessible. I guess it's something to do with that. I didn't get the impression any of these cars were modified.

willni

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 06:08:47 pm »

Advisory notice item(s)

I've seen that come up on quite a few MOT checks I've done recently, for various different cars (Jetta, Passat, Octy, A4 etc).

I wondered if it was tester-speak for "couldn't check [component] without removing parts". From what I remember there's a grey area regarding testing what's either present or accessible. I guess it's something to do with that. I didn't get the impression any of these cars were modified.

Probably is just the MOT examiner to be honest, brothers R32 got criticised for full Milltek exhaust system the guy was a funny guy though.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:11:30 pm »

Advisory notice item(s)

Probably is just the MOT examiner to be honest, brothers R32 got criticised for full Milltek exhaust system the guy was a funny guy though.
Yeah, I figured it was a way of a tester not getting his hands dirty and legitimately testing a car.

Like I said though, none of the cars I checked on the MOT site - and also physically checked in the flesh - were modified. Just run of the mill beaters.

willni

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:17:37 pm »

Advisory notice item(s)

Yeah, I figured it was a way of a tester not getting his hands dirty and legitimately testing a car.

Like I said though, none of the cars I checked on the MOT site - and also physically checked in the flesh - were modified. Just run of the mill beaters.

Lol I searched other cars we got from England and Scotland and there was far worse, including a cracked and fractured anti-roll bar and below depth tyres (only worrying is the lack of care in the tyres case)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:03:52 pm by willni »

Offline dronners

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 02:05:56 pm »
MOT testers arent allowed to remove components to examine other area's so the undertrays refer to the stock undertray fitted to the car. and the testers basically saying he cant check for oil leaks etc because its in the way