Make a donation

Author Topic: Low Oil Pressure Warning / Engine rattling/Car not starting/Battery slowly dying  (Read 23473 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Low Oil pressure warning / Car not starting and Battery slowly dying
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:51 pm »
Mine is @86500k with a st2+ map on and I'm usuing cheap eurocarparts 5/40 triple qx oil which I used in my TT for 55000k miles and again no issues with the engine at all. Yes people will say I'm a cheap skate but I'm not racing my car around like a nutter on a track even so can't complain about it.
An engine will last with whatever you use as long as you don't over step the mark!.
I change oil and filter every 6k because I'm such an a*al c***  :signLOL: but well worth the £13.40p I spend  :driver:

The actual speed the car can handle when. Rams new out the showroom and not 10-12years down the line but that's questionable and irrelevant to the issue at hand.

That's why I say money down the drain and just buy a new engine as it'll cost a lot more stripping searching and fitting new parts  :doh:
Then why on earth do we the VW boss state “every 10,000” service due ie once a year!? That’s another scandal. Guys like you are very smart. I did my service a month ago but my dash flags service due in 2,600 miles or 10-11 days 😳

My DSG service stamp advices after 51,000 (3-4) years!
Its what they recommend and not really a scandal mate, the real scandal is long life servicing which is bull**** imho and the cause of a lot of engine issues!!!, but me on the other hand know that it's better to replace the oil much sooner to protect and extend the life of any engine! and for What I pay for oil and a filter which costs more than the oil is worth the oil change every six months. Dsg in my booklet says 40k from what I remember but I'll get it done in 30k which is another 10k Miles for piece of mind that it's been done  :smiley: and again at another 30k

Reset your cars service light and it should go back to 9000k I think it is ?
Yes my mechanic forgot to reset it when he did the service on my car last month.

Is there also a reset on the fuel filter 6.6 bar?
yea you need to use vcds to clear the fault code that will come up when replacing the fuel filter.

See, we've been telling you the engine needs replacing f on the start as your mechanic probably doesn't want the headache and what's he said about your internals of the engine asidreally like to know what's damaged inside?

Just use quantum 5/40 "fully synthetic"  :happy2: not semi

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 07:31:25 pm »
Mine is @86500k with a st2+ map on and I'm usuing cheap eurocarparts 5/40 triple qx oil which I used in my TT for 55000k miles and again no issues with the engine at all. Yes people will say I'm a cheap skate but I'm not racing my car around like a nutter on a track even so can't complain about it.
An engine will last with whatever you use as long as you don't over step the mark!.
I change oil and filter every 6k because I'm such an a*al c***  :signLOL: but well worth the £13.40p I spend  :driver:

The actual speed the car can handle when. Rams new out the showroom and not 10-12years down the line but that's questionable and irrelevant to the issue at hand.

That's why I say money down the drain and just buy a new engine as it'll cost a lot more stripping searching and fitting new parts  :doh:
Then why on earth do we the VW boss state “every 10,000” service due ie once a year!? That’s another scandal. Guys like you are very smart. I did my service a month ago but my dash flags service due in 2,600 miles or 10-11 days 😳

My DSG service stamp advices after 51,000 (3-4) years!
Its what they recommend and not really a scandal mate, the real scandal is long life servicing which is bull**** imho and the cause of a lot of engine issues!!!, but me on the other hand know that it's better to replace the oil much sooner to protect and extend the life of any engine! and for What I pay for oil and a filter which costs more than the oil is worth the oil change every six months. Dsg in my booklet says 40k from what I remember but I'll get it done in 30k which is another 10k Miles for piece of mind that it's been done  :smiley: and again at another 30k

Reset your cars service light and it should go back to 9000k I think it is ?
Yes my mechanic forgot to reset it when he did the service on my car last month.

Is there also a reset on the fuel filter 6.6 bar?
yea you need to use vcds to clear the fault code that will come up when replacing the fuel filter.

See, we've been telling you the engine needs replacing f on the start as your mechanic probably doesn't want the headache and what's he said about your internals of the engine asidreally like to know what's damaged inside?

Just use quantum 5/40 "fully synthetic"  :happy2: not semi
I think I used 5/30 fully synthetic in the recent service.In reference to your previous post- I don’t think You’re a cheap skate bud your a practical driver it seems! They haven’t started work on it yet as they’re currently busy with another engine replace on another car. I’m next in the list 👍🏽.. hopefully there should be an insight roughly by Monday not that there will much who will be bothered to check online threads for obvious reasons!
At least one thing will be sure is whether my exhaust will keep popping like it did in the current engine in my car. Asked them to clean injectors aswell as they will use my old ones. So we will know for sure if there was infact any misfire in the engine once the new engine is fitted @pudding! I always suspected it was the exhaust and not engine issue. Let’s see now.
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 07:32:27 pm »
Just out of curiousity, what changes were needed on your st2 Remap?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
Re: Low Oil pressure warning / Car not starting and Battery slowly dyi
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:33 pm »
Cheers mate, nice of you to say so  :happy2: it's so much better and healthier for an engine imho and will help longitivity of the engine.
I'd recommend 5/40 to be on the safe side.

Re stage 2+ mods

Full 3" turbo back BCS power valve system.
Ram air CAI
VIS hpfp internals
RS4 frpv
FMIC welly cooler 600x300x70mm
GFB DV+
BKR7EIX Iridium plugs

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 11:09:15 pm »
Cheers mate, nice of you to say so  :happy2: it's so much better and healthier for an engine imho and will help longitivity of the engine.

Re stage 2+ mods

Ram air CAI
VIS hpfp internals
RS4 frpv
GFB DV+
BKR7EIX Iridium plugs
Nice! I might have to follow suit! I have the same spark plugs as you do on your car, a Ram air induction kit, Audi R8 coil pack.  I’ve noticed a lot of people do a PCV delete. Did you go for this?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:11:44 pm by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2017, 11:49:02 pm »

Re stage 2+ mods

Ram air CAI
VIS hpfp internals
RS4 frpv
GFB DV+
BKR7EIX Iridium plugs
Nice! I might have to follow suit! I have the same spark plugs as you do on your car, a Ram air induction kit, Audi R8 coil pack.  I’ve noticed a lot of people do a PCV delete. Did you go for this?
I was going K04 tbh but backed out twice for reasons I can't or won't explain  :wink:

I've not gone Pcv delete but gone and bought a revo catch can set up instead

IMG 5014" border="0

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Whole engine has now been stripped and whole front chassis and bumper is off. Engine was completely ceased and won’t even turn or start when they tried to start it. The camshaft is ceased. The valves not working and bent. Whilst they are working on the new engine changing bits over to the new engine, they require the following:

1. New camshaft chain kit
2. New water pump- there were signs of overheating problems with my engine that had been undetected by me previously
3. New radiator

I also need a high fuel pressure pump regulator sensor which was previously cracked but held into place with a metal cable wire but unfortunately they dont sell the sensor on their own anymore. Hence You have to buy the whole pump with the sensor 😬

It would also seem that there was in fact a misfire in the previous engine i.e. exhaust pops @pudding.. maybe I should clean the injectors but mechanic advises use injector cleaner in the tank when filling up which I’ve been doing regularly..

It seems there are varying radiator size for the MK5 I’m not sure which size I need to buy!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:57:25 pm by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
New cam chain kit is a must along with *timing belt kit and water pump* if you ask me. Yes just buy a used pump which aren't expensive. Definitely get your injectors cleaned by R tech or similar as you may as well now they're out  :doh: don't listen to your mechanic  :slap: they don't know what they're faffing on about!!!
Yes you need a mk5 gti radiator not diesel or 1.4-1.6 etc plenty about if you look around.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
New cam chain kit is a must along with *timing belt kit and water pump* if you ask me. Yes just buy a used pump which aren't expensive. Definitely get your injectors cleaned by R tech or similar as you may as well now they're out  :doh: don't listen to your mechanic  :slap: they don't know what they're faffing on about!!!
Yes you need a mk5 gti radiator not diesel or 1.4-1.6 etc plenty about if you look around.
Got the high fuel pressure regulator with the sensor. I’m getting a new radiator from eurocar parts but with my car they state there’s two types one is slightly bigger than other. I don’t have R-tech where I live but I’ll try to find others who can clean my injectors - anyone know where they clean injectors? ! ... I’m sure I need them cleaned because I had previous issues with carbon build up on my spark plugs and issues with EM light and I’m presuming this May be the underlying cause. I was told to clean them you have to use electricity to get them open.

The timing belt was recently changed and was advised that it’s probabkg not required although they did recommend to change along with the water pump with the engine all out in the open. I also need a timing chain kit so looking around as it’s so expensive buying a brand new kit!

Thanks for the heads up mate!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:52:38 am by GTi-Tecnix »

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I Heard that you can clean injectors by soaking them in diesel overnight. Anyone know if this works? Or does anyone known anyplace in London that do a injector cleaning survice. This is a very important process..

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
I know you said the t belt has been replaced but because you've had major engine seizure I'd recommend a fresh belt as that one coins have stretched!!! it's cheap enough not saying we can all afford spares but for piece of mind you'll be best to change it. Injectors need internally cleaning so soaking them won't do out to them!! They need to be ultrasonically cleaned which does mean having them put on the special machine wired up and spray tested!!! Send them off to Niki @ R tech or alex @ AKS as engine will be out the car!!! @vRSAlex I think I've got that right  :thinking:

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I know you said the t belt has been replaced but because you've had major engine seizure I'd recommend a fresh belt as that one coins have stretched!!! it's cheap enough not saying we can all afford spares but for piece of mind you'll be best to change it. Injectors need internally cleaning so soaking them won't do out to them!! They need to be ultrasonically cleaned which does mean having them put on the special machine wired up and spray tested!!! Send them off to Niki @ R tech or alex @ AKS as engine will be out the car!!! @vRSAlex I think I've got that right  :thinking:
Yes engine is already off! But if I send them off won’t get the back in time. It’s time consuming but I’ll look around to see if there are any in london that do this. I think I will change new timing belt with water pump and New cam timing chain kit. Best to do all new 😊

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
I reckon you'll have them back within two days of sending. Call r tech performance Leicester

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
I Heard that you can clean injectors by soaking them in diesel overnight. Anyone know if this works? Or does anyone known anyplace in London that do a injector cleaning survice. This is a very important process..

Hi mate a song recommended try AKS or R-Tech, I know Nicky at R-Tech exchanges the injectors as part of the injector clean service, so well worth giving him a call.

Also whereabouts are you in London
Black Ed30

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

Hi mate a song recommended try AKS or R-Tech, I know Nicky at R-Tech exchanges the injectors as part of the injector clean service, so well worth giving him a call.

Also whereabouts are you in London
cheers for the heads up! I’m in east London area near Stratford.

Just a quick question regarding radiator. Which radiator do I need as I know there’s one for A/C. My car has E-Con.