Make a donation

Author Topic: Low Oil Pressure Warning / Engine rattling/Car not starting/Battery slowly dying  (Read 23477 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5av1te3mnulnndp5fkoj88a8md&/topic,19740.0.html
I Heard that you can clean injectors by soaking them in diesel overnight. Anyone know if this works? Or does anyone known anyplace in London that do a injector cleaning survice. This is a very important process..

Hi mate a song recommended try AKS or R-Tech, I know Nicky at R-Tech exchanges the injectors as part of the injector clean service, so well worth giving him a call.

Also whereabouts are you in London
cheers for the heads up! I’m in east London area near Stratford.

Just a quick question regarding radiator. Which radiator do I need as I know there’s one for A/C. My car has E-Con.

No difference.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
I Heard that you can clean injectors by soaking them in diesel overnight. Anyone know if this works? Or does anyone known anyplace in London that do a injector cleaning survice. This is a very important process..

Hi mate a song recommended try AKS or R-Tech, I know Nicky at R-Tech exchanges the injectors as part of the injector clean service, so well worth giving him a call.

Also whereabouts are you in London
cheers for the heads up! I’m in east London area near Stratford.

Just a quick question regarding radiator. Which radiator do I need as I know there’s one for A/C. My car has E-Con.

No difference.
nice one  :happy2:
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline Jesse390

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
I'm in the same situation as you, my son drove my car albeit a quarter of a mile with the red oil light on. His lesson my pocket. Mine is an edition 30 and only had it 5 months. To say I'm gutted would be an understatement. I'm going to strip it and see if it can be saved.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I'm in the same situation as you, my son drove my car albeit a quarter of a mile with the red oil light on. His lesson my pocket. Mine is an edition 30 and only had it 5 months. To say I'm gutted would be an understatement. I'm going to strip it and see if it can be saved.
I’m very sorry to hear this. After 80,000 miles these TFSI do start giving these troubles unfortunately 😬.. I had my car just over a year!

I drove 60miles it’s oil pressure warning. The damage was done following day when putting foot down! I have learnt never to underestimate a Oil Pressure warning!

It is a stressful situation indeed. Does you engine sound like a diesel?

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Right. GOt a new timing chain kit, New timing belt and water pump, and a new radiator.

I need an oil filter housing gasget seal but dealers say won’t arrive until next Tuesday!

Anywhere I can get any sooner although this a dealer part mainly?

Thanks

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
It would also seem that there was in fact a misfire in the previous engine i.e. exhaust pops @pudding.. maybe I should clean the injectors but mechanic advises use injector cleaner in the tank when filling up which I’ve been doing regularly..

If your engine has done 80,000 or more, it's not worth attempting to clean them.  At best the fix will be temporary.  Put new ones in and forget about it.  Perfect fuel quantity and atomisation is critical in these engines.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline andyiseddy02

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2006 Passat SEL estate. 2.0 FSI T.
I’m very sorry to hear this. After 80,000 miles these TFSI do start giving these troubles unfortunately 😬.. I had my car just over a year!

I drove 60miles it’s oil pressure warning. The damage was done following day when putting foot down! I have learnt never to underestimate a Oil Pressure warning!

Bit of a generalisation there about the longevity of the engines.
I have the same engine in my Passat estate, currently on 129k, as it has been said before an engine lasts well if it has been looked after properly. 
My service book is on it's last free space, I had the sump removed earlier this year and pick up pipe changed.
Later I asked about a re-map and I was advised that the timing chain was getting noisy so that got done with everything that was needed. (Including an extra oil change a week later).
Only then did I get the APR re-map done and it is running as sweet as ever, uses about half a ltr of oil in about 2k miles.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email

Not true at all. I've seen these engines reach 150k + miles without a hiccup. You had an issue, probably the most dangerous issue an engine can have, which you ignored and it cost you an engine - it doesn't mean you can create a vague generalisation like that based on your own experience.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Yeah they all blow up at or after 80k so beware  :signLOL:

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
Re: Low Oil pressure warning / Car not starting and Battery slowly dying
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2018, 12:16:09 pm »
Has anyone considered the OP could be a bot testing it's user interface system because these replies are just unbelievable?

Agreed.... this is just weird!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5av1te3mnulnndp5fkoj88a8md&/topic,19740.0.html
Clown

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
 :grin:
Yeah they all blow up at or after 80k so beware  :signLOL:

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
So new engine fitted but getting this new grinding rattling noise which is different to what the rattle sounded like before.. It’s Not a normal rattle like before when the engine seized but a persistent grinding rattle. The noise goes sometimes but comes back again! The Stop Engine Light / Oil Pressure has since come back on again when I had driven it, to test-drive the car. I’m told that I have two options with regards to the oil pressure warning that’s flagged again:

1. Oil pressure switch
2. Oil pump

It could also be my old switch that they had used on the new engine which could be still flagging up on my dash.

The garage suspects that it could be the hydraulic cam-follower tappet which sits behind the high fuel pressure that is causing the heat grind grrrrrr noise. The noise goes away and comes back again. When test-driving the car the noise went away intermittently but has come back against Noise Definitely coming from the passengers side.

Ps minus all the critics on here .. just catching up! :grin:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Why were the basics, such as the cam follower, not checked before installing the engine?

So what you're saying is you've driven another engine with no oil pressure?
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales