Make a donation

Author Topic: Low Oil Pressure Warning / Engine rattling/Car not starting/Battery slowly dying  (Read 23472 times)

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Buy cheap buy twice without sounding like a critic  :signLOL:

New engine needed, no half baked parts or is your name josh from the tt forum who never listened and ended up scrapping the car after spending £2k  :stupid:  :popcornsoda:
No I'm not Josh I'm afraid. I learnt from my first mistake, not going there again. Once bitten twice shy 'an all that  :wink:
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334

New engine needed, no half baked parts or is your name josh from the tt forum who never listened and ended up scrapping the car after spending £2k  :stupid:  :popcornsoda:
No I'm not Josh I'm afraid. I learnt from my first mistake, not going there again. Once bitten twice shy 'an all that  :wink:
lol get it sorted once and for all and maybe even change your mechanic  :doh:  :happy2:

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

lol get it sorted once and for all and maybe even change your mechanic  :doh:  :happy2:

Looking for a complete engine this time not just a block  :fighting:.. Will a BWA engine be accepted by my ECU? The wiring looms are all the same I'm guessing. Also is it a good idea to choose from other cars like a seat or Audi that have the same TFSI engine for my car? Need to be real careful what I buy this time. I know the BWA are stronger engines .. Do other cars have the same hfpr as the MK5 GTI?

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

it was almost there - new engine pick up was fine but that grinding noise had to be sorted and stripped again and where we realised an few days down the line another engine cease!.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You

Looking for a complete engine this time not just a block  :fighting:.. Will a BWA engine be accepted by my ECU? The wiring looms are all the same I'm guessing. Also is it a good idea to choose from other cars like a seat or Audi that have the same TFSI engine for my car? Need to be real careful what I buy this time. I know the BWA are stronger engines .. Do other cars have the same hfpr as the MK5 GTI?
Should be fine unless someone can tell me otherwise  :thinking:

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I have no objection against my mechanic he actually did a great job  :congrats:

Its the shoddy engine I bought from an incessant geezer who fed me a load of bull, who promised me false hopes on this engine. This I DO object to. :scared: He told me to tell my mechanic go work with his bare naked engine block and I mean total bare; with my ceased engine. This was flogging a dead horse, but being my first engine change in mh driving hsitory, i wass none the wiser :thinking:

If you deciee to buy just the bare blocke then NEVER buy an engine block without their timings connected on either side of the engine  .

AND never buy an engine without beung offered at least a 30 day warranty!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
Sadly there are people out there who scam others as I've been done over on Brake set ups theee times but that's me trusting too much and believing the bulls*** I was fed!.

BUT why the heck did you buy a bare block knowing your engines knackered and your mechanic should have more common sense than you as he's the one working on your motor so should have told you to buy a complete engine in the first place?  :signLOL:  :stupid: move from both parties there if you ask me  :doh:
Sorry has to be said  :P

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Sadly there are people out there who scam others as I've been done over on Brake set ups theee times but that's me trusting too much and believing the bulls*** I was fed!.

BUT why the heck did you buy a bare block knowing your engines knackered and your mechanic should have more common sense than you as he's the one working on your motor so should have told you to buy a complete engine in the first place?  :signLOL:  :stupid: move from both parties there if you ask me  :doh:
Sorry has to be said  :P
they did warn me and yes I was niave as you were! They said to me when I first bought the engine block that it was completely stupid of me to have purchased such engine. I was warned that it as much doubt as possibility that the engine may not work. And they've also advised me never to purchase an engine like that again!