Make a donation

Author Topic: Powerfolding mirrors  (Read 3805 times)

willni

Powerfolding mirrors
« on: December 22, 2017, 06:34:29 pm »
Yep another question about the retrofitting of powerfolding mirrors.

Trying to work out which part number to go off for the door/window control module I'll post a picture of my current one below, I have two from a golf with powerfolding mirrors but if it saves me from removing them it would be great.

willni

Re: Powerfolding mirrors
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:35:23 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 78
Powerfolding mirrors
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »
The 1K0 on the silver motor bit

Mine were M too, swapped over for N
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:44:41 pm by MIJ_JAGGER »

willni

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:46:24 pm »
The 1K0 on the silver motor bit

Brilliant thank you, I’ll just swap it out rather than risk a 50/50 on the N working

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »
N was plug and play on mine, bit of coding needed because they were off a 5dr

willni

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 08:09:31 pm »
@MIJ_JAGGER what errors does it throw up being 3dr vs 5dr, mines a 5dr so just wondering what to expect?

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 08:28:05 pm »
It had an error about something to do with one of the rear doors. I coded it to 3dr and cleared the fault and it was all good

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »
Make sure the power folding modules are M N or Q. If they are K or L then they will not work in your car

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 01:52:24 pm »
Don't bother wasting your time and effort............They're almost useless and only move in about an inch. I thought mine were faulty, but seems that is all they move. Unless you're really short on space onto your garage, I really wouldn't bother, but of course your decision..............

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 07:42:26 pm »
Make sure the power folding modules are M N or Q. If they are K or L then they will not work in your car

When you say modules and type these "M, N, Q" you mean this should be the partnumber for the window power regulator right?
The black electronic box are different partnumber

GEN 3 MOTOR with MAX modules are N and Q
GEN 2 MOTOR with MAX modules are L
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 01:41:16 am »

When you say modules and type these "M, N, Q" you mean this should be the partnumber for the window power regulator right?

Yes the part number on the window regulator.

Reason i said M N or Q is because his current module is M, which means gen 3. If he was to fit a K or L then it won't work because those are gen 1.

willni

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:41 pm »

Reason i said M N or Q is because his current module is M, which means gen 3. If he was to fit a K or L then it won't work because those are gen 1.

By not work do you mean not work at all? As I've fitted the set and they fold but not working correctly, the drivers door doesn't actually take the code either, but I think this is an L as you said it so this could be why but it does fold and light up etc.

willni

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 10:07:31 pm »
Vag number for passenger - 5k0 959 702A now working with coding 0004791

Driver part no - 1T0 959 701 G
With coding 0000679 would take the other coding and not working

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 11:59:43 pm »

By not work do you mean not work at all? As I've fitted the set and they fold but not working correctly, the drivers door doesn't actually take the code either, but I think this is an L as you said it so this could be why but it does fold and light up etc.
The pins on gen1 door wiring is different to gen 3. So the pin for power for example will be in a different location if you went with a door module that's different to your current door modules generation

You can repin everything, i know SI-R32 has electronic diagrams of what each pin does etc.. Ive been down that path before and it got messy lol as the buttons on my door card didn't work. So just ended up reverting back to stock mirrors.

willni

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 09:01:00 am »

The pins on gen1 door wiring is different to gen 3. So the pin for power for example will be in a different location if you went with a door module that's different to your current door modules generation

You can repin everything, i know SI-R32 has electronic diagrams of what each pin does etc.. Ive been down that path before and it got messy lol as the buttons on my door card didn't work. So just ended up reverting back to stock mirrors.

Thanks, at this point I’ll just source a new module since the other side is fully installed and working, dont suppose you have a spare module?