Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost issue please help no codes  (Read 1213 times)

Offline scottharris93

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Boost issue please help no codes
« on: January 28, 2018, 03:22:59 pm »
hi i am new to the forums and im looking for help

i have a mk5 gti dsg '06 thats not giving me any boost, used to occasionally happen every now and then but used to go away when i would restart the car however now its became consistent and wont produce any boost at all it started when i was going for a "spirited" drive then all of a sudden lost power luckily i was near i friends garage at the time so took it to him and had it plugged into vag com no fault codes i left and on the drive home constantly gained then lost boost even after restarting the car i parked it up for the night and tried to restart it in the morning fired up okay but was hunting on idle.

fast forward 3 weeks the car has had new throttle peddle , new throttle body , new dv , new maf sensor , new n75 valve had the turbo wastegate checked and still giving no fault codes and producing no boost its only hunted once since taking it to the garage next thing left to try is to check the turbo shaft to see if that damaged if its not where at abit of a loss of what to try has anyone had this issue before ? cheers

car is stage 1 remap with turbo back decat exhaust and pcv delete and induction kit   

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: Boost issue please help no codes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:16 am »
...and still have yet to look at the high(230) & low(231) fuel pressures, boost(115), mass air(002), lambda(031), and wgdc(118) data with vag-com? Codes aren't always there when failing bits has just begun...some codes do not appear until a certain number of occurrences have taken place....so just look at real time data to see what is going on. Have you collected data(http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/logging.php) with vcds before? If not, select groups to measure, select the turbo button, press start and do a full pull in 3rd gear from 2k rpm to redline(reaching 90 mph)...4th gear is likely too risky as it goes up to 120 mph. Might just be a loose boost hose coupling or even a hole in the fmic...but the data will show what is happening with the boost and non-related to boost data will show if something is affecting why no boost.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:34:02 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1