Make a donation

Author Topic: Amusing Quote  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Notch000

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Amusing Quote
« on: February 07, 2018, 04:30:55 pm »
Well i generally never go near main dealers for a good reason. But today I had my DSG box serviced at the local dealers. Firstly i called for a quote in advance and it was 225 which i though was ok, then next when i booked it inn on the phone they said about 370 + VAT, i was like WTF and he rechecked and came back with 230Euro. So I booked it.
Anyways dropped car off and go text at 1130 that car would be ready @ 1200 to pick up. So i collected it at 1330 and was told it hadent been washed yet and i could wait if i wanted for the guys to have lunch , (but broken hearted and 230E lighter i didnt bother waiting for my complementary wash and hoover as promised ).
While ithe car was being booked in they asked repeately if i wanted anything else done or looked at and i said no a couple of time. But anywany back with the car comes a detailed inspection

Results:
Front Brake discs worn
Front & OS flex hoses bad
front lower rear wishbone bushes worn
Rear anti roll bar links worn
CV boot leaking.

How much quoted, excluding the DSG service  ???????

1100 Euros  :jumping: :jumpmove: :scared: :laugh: :fighting:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: Amusing Quote
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:50:37 pm »
My dealer has also recently started with the additional work begging and follow-up phone calls.  Times must be hard!  They can make a lot more money from the older cars though.

Are you sure the brakes weren't noted down as XX% worn?   They put 'Brakes 30% worn' on the work sheet for mine.  I had to read it twice to make sure they didn't mean 30% remaining!  Perhaps that is a little trick to fool people.

You'd think replacing that many parts would attract a better discount!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Notch000

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:00:31 pm »
the front discs are the only thing i can confirm that do need replacing soon

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 06:59:50 pm »
Same for me couple of months ago when I had to have a rear light replaced under warrantee,  took them an hour doing a 'health check' and video just to change a rear light.
Had bonnet up, up on ramps but still didn't find anything.  :signLOL:
I'd already suggested I would change it myself but they said they'd have to do it.
I did stop them washing it though as it had literally just been done...
have had several messages since reminding me service and MOT were due even though it's never been to dealer whilst I've owned it.
Deffo a money making scam

4ndy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:19:32 pm »
My dealer has also recently started with the additional work begging and follow-up phone calls.  Times must be hard!  They can make a lot more money from the older cars though.

Are you sure the brakes weren't noted down as XX% worn?   They put 'Brakes 30% worn' on the work sheet for mine.  I had to read it twice to make sure they didn't mean 30% remaining!  Perhaps that is a little trick to fool people.

You'd think replacing that many parts would attract a better discount!
Just looked at my inspection report from 5/6 yrs ago   ABS unit replaced under warranty so they tried to recoup £1200 to replace discs and pads all round. VW said they were (not) 85% worn on the front and 60% worn on the rear.  Needless to say I did the brakes myself for a lot less and with better quality when they reached 99% worn :signLOL:  Standard procedure I recon.