Make a donation

Author Topic: ed30 Body kit  (Read 6075 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
ed30 Body kit
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:49:48 pm »
OK....Now I know its never gonna be an ed30, and tbh I am not a fan of lookelikies etc...However I have on my car milltek quads with an abt valance and abt side skirts. I colour coded the front oem spoiler...so I have decided to bit at a time (as funds dictate) to change over to the 30 kit. I love the subtle look...

so I am starting out on the process for real.

I head to Arnold Clark and request the parts dude have a look in ekta and find prices for the body kit. Sides and front, (I am in the throws of changing the rear seperately)......He says...."Whats an Edition 30????", me...you are kidding mate aren't you?

Laugh, I nearly went to the customer toilets. :stupid:

Anyway, give him his due, at least he went to check and came back shaking his head. I am sorry I cant find ANYTHING on the system, do you have a reg number of one so I can check?

Ahem... :signLOL:

Ok so here is where I am. I need P/Ns for sides and front splitter. I am just about to start a search for them, but I thought I would share my wonderful experience with you lot.

I guess we cant expect them to know every car and every variant and it was a LIMITED edition....hmmm, but give its flagship status I'd of thought at least someone could have assisted the callow youth. OK off to search...

No wonder I stopped using them for service and maintenance...twats, should have realised when I had white worm on tailgate handle and they ordered a VW badge instead (under warranty), oh yes and that they wanted my car for 3 days to try to fix the cruise control which the local indy hooked up a laptop and fixed in mins for free etc  :star: muppets.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: ed30 Body kit
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:53:30 pm »
ED30 Spoiler = 1K0 805 903 J

Just checking on the sides...struggling to find...sure I saw it somewhere. I'll keep trying.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:04:44 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline DPG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 05:08:21 pm »

How much is the rear valance?

Awsome have it but it seems a lot of money @ £417.13 inc vat

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=6816

I remember upgrading my TT valance and it only cost £30.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:22:40 pm »
I cant be sure but that is a SHAMELESS mark up. Think others have replaced the rear valance for something like half of that (or thereabouts). Still dear though...

Had a look for the sides part number couldnt find it, will keep searching but if any of you knowledgable dubbers can help.... :drinking:

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:28:40 pm »
If it's the side skirts you are talking about, then I think these are the correct part numbers (from my version of ETKA anyway):

1K3 853 859 D GRU (Primed) - 2 Door - (left)
1K3 853 860 D GRU (Primed) - 2 door - (Right)

OR

1K4 853 859 D GRU (Primed) - 4 Door - (left)
1K4 853 860 D GRU (Primed) - 4 door - (Right)

Hope this helps.

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:05 pm »
Thanks Norbreck21a!! top man! I couldnt find them anywhere...now I will go get a price tomorrow, ensuring that i am sitting down and away from sharp objects!

Though a quick google may suggest that these are r32 sides...not to worry, still thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:42:58 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:07:12 pm »
Instead of going for ED30 sides which i cant remeber exactly how much they cost (but i remember i laughed when i was told) some where around £150 each, why dont you just get GTi ones which cost £25 each then have them smoothed and sprayed.
For the rear bumper simples really GTi rear colour coded its gona cost £26 for the trim instead of £400 odd stated above.

I have done the above to mine but have added a ED30 front splitter as i was offered it brand new for a stupid price all in all i paid around 2-300 for all the parts, smoothing of the textured GTi parts,, spraying and fitting :happy2:

VW are really switched on when it comes to pricing the parts on the r32 ed30's etc as they are aware of the desirability of the parts so they add the so called scene tax.

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
Thanks Norbreck21a!! top man! I couldnt find them anywhere...now I will go get a price tomorrow, ensuring that i am sitting down and away from sharp objects!

Though a quick google may suggest that these are r32 sides...not to worry, still thanks anyway.

1K0805903J ED30 front lip - I was quoted Oct last year £158.00+vat

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 07:02:07 pm »

In ETKA, it listed both parts as special edition "EDITION", Top Sports model, so assumed they meant the ED30 ?

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 07:07:03 pm »

In ETKA, it listed both parts as special edition "EDITION", Top Sports model, so assumed they meant the ED30 ?

r32 and ed30 side skirts are exactly the same!

Offline DPG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »
For the rear bumper simples really GTi rear colour coded its gona cost £26 for the trim instead of £400 odd stated above.

Sorry, whats going to cost £26 for the trim?

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:22:30 am »
I'll Need to have a closer look then I thought r32 and ed30 sides were slightly different. R32 being same as STD gti but smoothed.