Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29054 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2010, 08:40:25 pm »
I can vouch for that.. My two mates had a thorough side by side comparison (at Brunters) and there was only about a car length in it at 130...  :surprised: (changed a bit after that).. Stage 1 Revo S3, S-Tronic, SB vs Stage 2+ 3dr S3 manual...
The Stage 2+ was noticably quicker in gear, but all the momentum gained in gear, was lost on the gear change..  :sad1:
Can't wait to see what Stage 2+ is like with DSG/S Tronic. As my mate Stage 2+ S3 is bloody quick when on the loud pedal..  :scared:

Just imagine big turbo, 4wd and S-tronic..  :wink:

Hopefully you will be able to show us what it's like sometime Mr. Cocker  :wink:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2010, 08:40:57 pm »
Hopefully you will be able to show us what it's like sometime Mr. Cocker  :wink:

Uhhhuh..  :wink:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2010, 08:45:04 pm »
My bottom lip is bleeding i've bitten it that hard..
come join the party mate , have your say  :laugh: :laugh:
I think this debate is burning beutifully without needing to add my fuel to the fire... But at the end of the day, if you're a happy customer (much like myself) that is all that counts.. :happy2:
Just think it could of been worded better that's all..  :wink:
cheers mate for your opinion , i would like to know how different tom s car feels out on the road now to mine but his is stronic which makes a difference , i was nt slagging revo off just saying there are alteratives out there and for some people like myself are better than revo at a fraction of the cost   , some one commented how revo s sh*t dont stink on the forums that made me smile  :happy2:

Tom Vs Ian at next Pod meet?  :evilgrin: :jumping:

I can honestly say Tom's car is quick. after the last RR day at Halifax we had a spirited drive back over the tops and there was nothin in acceleration wize, despite a 40bhp difference on the RR :happy2:

No your car is definately faster Gaz it was just the S-Tronic! We all know your getting on a bit now and your co-ordination with the clutch and gear stick ain't quite what it used to be  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

:booty:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2010, 08:47:02 pm »
i ve been in your old car with dan and it is good , my mate has an rs focus and i think my car as it is,  is around the same performance but mine feels smoother which is what us oldies like , mine drive s 100% better , the focus reminds me of my connect van !!(same stearing wheel )
  i know toms car is quick i was there at gti inters watching his 0 - 60 times , made my day  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2010, 09:01:20 pm »
Stage 1 S3 is defo quicker on acceleration than the new RS. I have had first hand experience of that (like Tom). Well a Revo Stage 1 one is anyway..  :booty: :grin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:52 pm »
Stage 1 S3 is defo quicker on acceleration than the new RS. I have had first hand experience of that (like Tom). Well a Revo Stage 1 one is anyway..  :booty: :grin:

My mates std mazda mps speed 3 is quicker than a new RS never mined a mapped k04 :grin:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »
it may be cause the custom codes power delivery  is silky smooth it dont feel as raw as the focus ........... :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:10 pm »
Stage 1 S3 is defo quicker on acceleration than the new RS. I have had first hand experience of that (like Tom). Well a Revo Stage 1 one is anyway..  :booty: :grin:

My mates std mazda mps speed 3 is quicker than a new RS never mined a mapped k04 :grin:

must admit i really liked the engine on the MPS. didnt think it would be quicker than an RS though as mine is quicker than his MPS but similar in performance to an RS ive had fun with (might have been better if i had an LSD)

my mates looking into mapping his car as he hates it that mines quicker, but the maps he has found are really expensive in comparison to the VAG tuners. yor talking 800+ for stage 1

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2010, 10:13:22 pm »
Stage 1 S3 is defo quicker on acceleration than the new RS. I have had first hand experience of that (like Tom). Well a Revo Stage 1 one is anyway..  :booty: :grin:

must admit i really liked the engine on the MPS. didnt think it would be quicker than an RS though as mine is quicker than his MPS but similar in performance to an RS ive had fun with (might have been better if i had an LSD)

my mates looking into mapping his car as he hates it that mines quicker, but the maps he has found are really expensive in comparison to the VAG tuners. yor talking 800+ for stage 1

Not much in the way of maps for the mps, but two of the lads who come down for strip action always love running against the RS. Even the 280hp VXR's are quicker than the RS. RS owner isnt happy as he owns the car that all the other hot hatch drivers want to beat. In the damp though if we are running off the corners, the RS has a clear advantage putting the power down.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:26 pm »
the guy i was messing with in the RS was pretty annoyed aspecially when i said my car was only about 275hp wasnt to chuffed, and before tha point wasnt interested in mapping it.  hes now changed his mind,  saying he would have been devastated if i beat him in a skoda, he said it was bad enough i kept up.  wish i had the ko4 on mine.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »
the guy i was messing with in the RS was pretty annoyed aspecially when i said my car was only about 275hp wasnt to chuffed, and before tha point wasnt interested in mapping it.  hes now changed his mind,  saying he would have been devastated if i beat him in a skoda, he said it was bad enough i kept up.  wish i had the ko4 on mine.

Haha yeah the RS needs to be mapped. The sound though, and the popping exhaust of the RS makes me jealous!

Offline micky 32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: The! mine is faster than yours thread bla! bla! bla!
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2010, 11:00:23 pm »
Love the new thread title  :signLOL:
2008 Octavia vRS K04'd , Forge twintercooler, Evoms, Autotech uprated pump, full Milltek exhaust 324bhp on JKM's rollers ;-)

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Golf R gone.

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2010, 04:43:43 pm »
Im happy with my CC map which was inherited from Tom  :smiley:

At the halifx RR day the map showed its numbers... This was with the following upgrades; Full TB milltek, Autotech pump, Carbonio & BMC panel, Custom Code phase 2+ and forge DV

The RR day also confirmed to me what everybody else knows, an intake is a must for much more power top end.... that said I no longer have the carbonio  :laugh:
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping: