Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29077 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »
not far from you mate , near ashby de la zouch but i m always in donny at the in laws too , whens the next forum meet ?  :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 05:49:37 pm »
My bottom lip is bleeding i've bitten it that hard..
come join the party mate , have your say  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline micky 32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »

Go on you know you gotta get it off your chest, it's not good to hold it in :jumping:
2008 Octavia vRS K04'd , Forge twintercooler, Evoms, Autotech uprated pump, full Milltek exhaust 324bhp on JKM's rollers ;-)

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2010, 06:40:36 pm »
@Carl why are you changing from revo stage 2+? Is the map giving you problems mate?

You could say that yes

Carl :happy2:

What sort of problems? Mine ran faultlessly when i had it.

I still have the same problem that i had when Stage 2+ was first done. Your Stage 2+ file is/was a different file to the current one that REVO supply. There were no issues i am aware of with that version on the file. But they changed/updated something in it for some reason and now in my opinion it is flawed.

Im not saying the code is bad or damaging. It just has a slight glitch in it in my opinion (and a couple of other people's).

Carl :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »
I think this debate is burning beutifully without needing to add my fuel to the fire... But at the end of the day, if you're a happy customer (much like myself) that is all that counts.. :happy2:
Just think it could of been worded better that's all..  :wink:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2010, 06:59:06 pm »
I think this debate is burning beutifully without needing to add my fuel to the fire... But at the end of the day, if you're a happy customer (much like myself) that is all that counts.. :happy2:
cheers mate for your opinion , i would like to know how different tom s car feels out on the road now to mine but his is stronic which makes a difference , i was nt slagging revo off just saying there are alteratives out there and for some people like myself are better than revo at a fraction of the cost   , some one commented how revo s sh*t dont stink on the forums that made me smile  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »
cheers mate for your opinion , i would like to know how different tom s car feels out on the road now to mine but his is stronic which makes a difference , i was nt slagging revo off just saying there are alteratives out there and for some people like myself are better than revo at a fraction of the cost   , some one commented how revo s sh*t dont stink on the forums that made me smile  :happy2:

Tom Vs Ian at next Pod meet?  :evilgrin: :jumping:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »
that would be good but as ive said before that dont really interest me for my car , its out on the roads where it matters to me  :driver:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2010, 08:07:34 pm »
not far from you mate , near ashby de la zouch but i m always in donny at the in laws too , whens the next forum meet ?  :happy2:

There are a few of us in South Yorkshire, so who knows. :smiley:

Tom Vs Ian at next Pod meet?  :evilgrin: :jumping:

It would be interesting, but it maybe about the smoothness of the map for Candy as well as the performance. Remember, he does have that manual gearbox to contend with :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2010, 08:20:01 pm »

I can honestly say Tom's car is quick. after the last RR day at Halifax we had a spirited drive back over the tops and there was nothin in acceleration wize, despite a 40bhp difference on the RR :happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »
When I had my Custom Code Stage 2+ on my ED30 I was extremely happy with it, it was a sensationally fast car.....BUT to due to recent dealings with Custom Code's after sales service which I do not wish to go into I would never ever go near them again!  :smiley:

I decided to go with Revo on the S3 because of the good reviews they were getting from all angles, as soon as I had the car done I knew I had made the right choice, i'm sure Dan won't like me saying this but my S3 stage 1 Revo is just as fast as my old stage 2+ Custom Code ED30!

As long as Ian is happy with the car that is all that matters imo  :happy2:

I'm up for a duel at the pod but I only race for pinks!  :grin: :grin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2010, 08:33:31 pm »

I can honestly say Tom's car is quick. after the last RR day at Halifax we had a spirited drive back over the tops and there was nothin in acceleration wize, despite a 40bhp difference on the RR :happy2:

No your car is definately faster Gaz it was just the S-Tronic! We all know your getting on a bit now and your co-ordination with the clutch and gear stick ain't quite what it used to be  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2010, 08:35:51 pm »
I can vouch for that.. My two mates had a thorough side by side comparison (at Brunters) and there was only about a car length in it at 130...  :surprised: (changed a bit after that).. Stage 1 Revo S3, S-Tronic, SB vs Stage 2+ 3dr S3 manual...
The Stage 2+ was noticably quicker in gear, but all the momentum gained in gear, was lost on the gear change..  :sad1:
Can't wait to see what Stage 2+ is like with DSG/S Tronic. As my mate Stage 2+ S3 is bloody quick when on the loud pedal..  :scared:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2010, 08:38:59 pm »
I can vouch for that.. My two mates had a thorough side by side comparison (at Brunters) and there was only about a car length in it at 130...  :surprised: (changed a bit after that).. Stage 1 Revo S3, S-Tronic, SB vs Stage 2+ 3dr S3 manual...
The Stage 2+ was noticably quicker in gear, but all the momentum gained in gear, was lost on the gear change..  :sad1:
Can't wait to see what Stage 2+ is like with DSG/S Tronic. As my mate Stage 2+ S3 is bloody quick when on the loud pedal..  :scared:

Just imagine big turbo, 4wd and S-tronic..  :wink:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »

Hopefully I will be able to get some mula to get mine to Stage 2+ this year some time, it always feels mentally quick everytime I drive it (just ask that green Focus RS driver from this morning  :grin: :grin:) so Stage 2+ should be epic!  :laugh: :laugh:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic