Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM Bluetooth retrofit...... HELP!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
OEM Bluetooth retrofit...... HELP!
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »
Hi all

Just bought my 2008 ED30, and I was hoping to have the OEM Bluetooth fitted by a local delaer. But..... they now tell me that this is not possible, especially as I have a sunroof. However, as I have been advised on another thread that this is possible, has anyone had this done by a VW dealer, and if so could I please have the name of the dealer? Better still, anyone had this done in the Kent area by VW or otherwise?

Thanks all!

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: OEM Bluetooth retrofit...... HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:27:40 pm »
What kit do you want as Stu said in the other thread a lot of dealers will offer the rubbish sunglasses holder based one.

I have retro fitted a OEM 729 kit to mine (which has a sunroof) with no issues  :happy2:

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »
I am getting confused - I am looking for the standard OEM kit (Premium), the one that allows my phone book to be viewed, and that can be controlled from my RNS 510 screen and steering wheel.

Any help would be appreciated (part numbers, dealers that have fitted etc).

Thanks again!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »
^^^ I doubt you will find many dealers that will fit this, they typically offer the sunglasses on or a rebranded Bury one with an external touchscreen.

Drop me a PM if your interested in a kit as I can help  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
I am getting confused - I am looking for the standard OEM kit (Premium), the one that allows my phone book to be viewed, and that can be controlled from my RNS 510 screen and steering wheel.

Any help would be appreciated (part numbers, dealers that have fitted etc).

Thanks again!

The standard BT also offers phonebook to be viewed and controlled from RNS 510. you just don't get sms via BT.

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:30:40 pm »
Premium normally only supports rSAP which is mainly Nokia.  The 729x kit that Steve mentions is the better solution.

Get your dealer to take a look at my octavia-vrs.com website it should give them an idea.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available