All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Down on power....

<< < (34/35) > >>

RedRobin:

neg,

I replaced the whole unit as it is supplied by VW - You can't buy the turbo without the manifold etc because (I think) the wastegate is cast with the manifold. This raises the question of exactly which part of the integrated set my crack was on - I'll check and post accordingly.

I'm going to be starting a new topic in Troubleshooting all about my problem and how it was solved - It'll be useful to the whole community and I'll be posting links on other forums where the 2.0T FSI engine is used - Audi, Seat etc.

vRStu networks info among shared engine users and it's very helpful :happy2:

182_blue:
How much was the Turbo unit RR ?

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: joesgti on November 10, 2008, 10:08:37 am ---hey robin, glad its back to full power. does it feel quicker? i wonder if any other KO3's have this problem if they are running higher boost  :scared:

--- End quote ---

....Thanks, Joe  :happy2:

Yes it feels quicker, especially after running a few hundred miles in Stock and D-mode to keep the cracked turbo from working too hard. I did a 322-mile trip on Saturday on all sorts of roads and didn't hang about and she felt like the Stage2 I had experienced for a short while before this happened - Or at least how I remember.

I don't think that alarm bells should start ringing - Possibly running Boost 7 may have contributed to the problem but the weakness was probably already in my individual casing. It's impossible to tell for certain. Revo insist that Boost 7 isn't too high.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 10, 2008, 10:41:25 am ---How much was the Turbo unit RR ?

--- End quote ---

....[where's the smilie for "please read the feckin thread!"]

As I posted earlier, I paid £400 for a hardly used one (less than 4k miles) from sibart who upgraded early to a K04.

It'll cost you £650 to swop yours with one from VW, or approx £1,000 to buy new(?) outright.

If your car is modded with exhaust etc, the 2-year VW warranty will be meaningless.

I'm gonna be posting a new topic in Troubleshooting with it all concisely presented and some more pics of hot girlies interesting bits of metal.

182_blue:
Thanks, and sorry i didnt read the whole thread but i am at work and limited to how much i can view without getting busted  :laugh:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 10, 2008, 10:55:17 am ---
--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 10, 2008, 10:41:25 am ---How much was the Turbo unit RR ?

--- End quote ---

....[where's the smilie for "please read the feckin thread!"]

As I posted earlier, I paid £400 for a hardly used one (less than 4k miles) from sibart who upgraded early to a K04.

It'll cost you £650 to swop yours with one from VW, or approx £1,000 to buy new(?) outright.

If your car is modded with exhaust etc, the 2-year VW warranty will be meaningless.

I'm gonna be posting a new topic in Troubleshooting with it all concisely presented and some more pics of hot girlies interesting bits of metal.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version