All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Down on power....

<< < (35/35)

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 10, 2008, 10:58:32 am ---Thanks, and sorry i didnt read the whole thread but i am at work and limited to how much i can view without getting busted  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

....No problem, buddy - I don't know how some of you guys get away with all your daytime on here anyway!

Fertive Car Forum Fetish :evilgrin:

:drinking:

RedRobin:

LATEST INFO ON THIS TOPIC:

The Crack is located on the exhaust casting, behind the waste gate valve. So it's not on the actual K03 turbo itself.

As JKM have informed me today : -

"In order to open this valve to see the crack, the actuator needs to be temporarily removed to allow a good photograph to be taken; you are going to really struggle to open this by hand. Next time you are coming by JKM, bring the turbo with you and Jim can disconnect the actuator for you. Bear in mind that the crack although clearly visible when cold, will become bigger when the red hot exhaust gases are passing over it and the waste gate valve will not have a flush seat to sit against, hence a constant leak."

It really is a damned nuisance that VW don't/won't supply a separate manifold component but I guess there are reasons due to how the whole assembly is designed to work. On the other hand, at 57k miles I now have a nearly new turbo as well as manifold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version