All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Down on power....

<< < (6/35) > >>

neg:
Robin, very interested to see you having simliar issues to what I think I have.

When I bought my car I went to Stage 2 + Milly immediately and loved it, went on the RR day at Awesome and results were 252bhp/280ft-lbs which I was happy with, I have since added the fuel pump and has Stage2+ installed and a further RR day then saw 234bhp/275ft-lbs which was not all that great (wasnt a good day for K03 cars).

The problems I noticed was my boost would never meet requested, it would hit 1.3bar even if the ECU was requesting more, my gut feeling is that its a turbo issue or possible N75 but with the location of this on the TFSI being a right PITA its not easy to change.

I have had all the hoses checked, PCV swapped, DV swapped from forge to stock to latest revision stock which made no difference.

When I get the car back I will be doing some logging to see if I narrow it down further.

As for your original questions, you can get recon turbo's from VW, I had a recon K04 on my LCR when that lost its oil feed and creamed the turbo.   As for which on the GTI - I would be tempted with a K04 - but for the price tag the KO3 would be the sensible option, like you say its powerful enough.

Do you have any logs from yours to see what its doing - boost / maf / n75 ?

Edit:  just looked back at my logs from when I had the car first remapped and it didnt boost above 1.3bar back then but still made the first results above (in April)

neg:

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 01, 2008, 08:46:44 pm ---By looking at the duty cycle of the N75 you can determine how hard your turbo is working to provide the requested pressure.

YOu can buy a turbo on an exchange basis from VW but I'm unsure of the pricing.  The part number will normally end with an X.

--- End quote ---

I didnt think you could tell as it just gets to 99.6% from a remapped car..?

I have eventually got myself an S3 IC mate!  Not the DV relocation ...yet

bacillus:
So when are you going to install it neg?

RedRobin:

Very useful to be able to share this, neg. The problem sounds almost identical.

As posted earlier, you can see that JKM have done the same checks as you and having drawn a blank, they now want to check the turbo itself.

My gauge isn't really much help because the leak isn't major enough to overcome the ECU's efforts to request and there's sufficient pressure in the piping etc. The gauge is displaying the normal -22 in the vacuum side when idling and in Stock map it max's about +16ish and +21 psi in Stage2 map, but only when pushed instead of easily.

She spikes at about 1.2 bar and then drops dramatically. JKM have all the logs, not myself.

Topher told me that the K03 uses a similar housing to the Mk4 turbo which was known for hairline crack issues. Why the feck don't VW sort out known issues like that and the Monza white worm corrosion?

I'm at 56k miles, what's yours?

Obviously I'll keep this thread up to date.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: bacillus on November 03, 2008, 12:00:41 am ---So when are you going to install it neg?

--- End quote ---

....Please don't take this in an unfriendly way, but can we keep this particular thread on topic because it's a problem solving thread (hopefully!).

And yes, I know I'm one of the worst for going off topic  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version