All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Down on power....

<< < (11/35) > >>

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 01:55:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 03, 2008, 01:43:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: neg on November 03, 2008, 01:31:58 pm ---Be useful to see any boost logs from yours to compare to mine before I go down this route!

--- End quote ---

....JKM have all the logs for my car. Their usual policy is to respect the confidentiality of the customer. However, perhaps I could give permission - I would need to speak to JKM.
--- End quote ---

The boost logs are your property.  They relate to your vehicle, and you (presumably) paid for JKM to work on your car - so they are legally obliged to hand over any paperwork, old bits, etc.

--- End quote ---

....Yes, I'm only saying that they won't give my log info to a third party such as yourself or neg without my permission - They are respecting MY confidentiality - Sorry if my post wasn't clear on that.

joesgti:
well i cant recomend the s3 cooler enough!!! turbo spools up ALOT quicker and holds boost alot better higher up in the revrange!

its one of the only mods that i could feel the difference when driving!  :jumpmove:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: joesgti on November 03, 2008, 02:23:33 pm ---well i cant recomend the s3 cooler enough!!! turbo spools up ALOT quicker and holds boost alot better higher up in the revrange!

its one of the only mods that i could feel the difference when driving!  :jumpmove:

--- End quote ---

Yup, I'm with you on that - though TBF, it was obviously difficult for me to tell weather it was the S3 or Forge  :wink:

bacillus:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 02:40:19 pm ---
 it was obviously difficult for me to tell weather it was the S3 or Forge  :wink:

--- End quote ---
Or both.   :smiley:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: joesgti on November 03, 2008, 02:23:33 pm ---well i cant recomend the s3 cooler enough!!! turbo spools up ALOT quicker and holds boost alot better higher up in the revrange!

--- End quote ---

....I'm not saying that the S3 i/c isn't an excellent mod, but only that JKM's logs (no, they haven't removed the stock i/c for tests - TT please note) are not indicating any issues with my stock i/c.

To feel the difference on road rather than track, Joe, I reckon you must be driving your car like you stole her - But I suggest that without the experience of driving one myself.

Whereas JKM would of course like the extra business of installing a S3 i/c, all their logging etc on my car suggests that unless I was doing trackdays, my stock i/c is doing its job, and though a great mod, it's not one I need at present.

:happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version