All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Down on power....

<< < (17/35) > >>

RedRobin:

I was expecting the K04 mallet. I actually said to a friend (forgotten who!) that lots of people would be suggesting the K04 when I started this thread. I understand the reasoning and the quest for bhp, but....

:happy2:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 03, 2008, 10:11:19 pm ---....

I was expecting the K04 mallet. I actually said to a friend (forgotten who!) that lots of people would be suggesting the K04 when I started this thread. I understand the reasoning and the quest for bhp, but....

:happy2:

--- End quote ---

Like you said though, if you want low down driveablity, then the K03 is the much better option.  :smiley:

RedRobin:

Perfectly described, TT - "low down driveability" is highly desirable in the UK with all the feckin speed limits. Besides, even on the occasional forays into Europe, a well modded K03 GTI is quite respectable. In fact, a totally standard K03 GTI is respectable!

A good friend of mine drove his very highly modded 290 bhp Mk5 GTI (K04 and Quaife etc etc) to the Spanish GP and then found some nice mountain twisties etc. But he ate a set of front tyres in just a few weeks!!

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 03, 2008, 10:36:22 pm ---....

Perfectly described, TT - "low down driveability" is highly desirable in the UK with all the feckin speed limits. Besides, even on the occasional forays into Europe, a well modded K03 GTI is quite respectable.

A good friend of mine drove his very highly modded 290 bhp Mk5 GTI (K04 and Quaife etc etc) to the Spanish GP and then found some nice mountain twisties etc. But he ate a set of front tyres in just a few weeks!!

--- End quote ---

I know that feeling!

Only done 12k and soon coming up to the second wheel pair on the front. I don't consider myself to be particularly over exhuberant with the right foot all the time either :innocent:

neg:
I have now been running around for the last 10 days in a Standard GTI, covering over 750miles (hey its not mine ;) ) and I have to say the standard power is still nothing to be fobbed off - its so smooth and still quite nippy when you drive it well, I have to say its a shock when first going down to it but you get used to it and its plenty quick enough.

Manual is also fun for a while but missing the DSG and milltek now  :driver:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version