Make a donation

Author Topic: Brand Art Creations- An Intro and question  (Read 7084 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
Re: Brand Art Creations- An Intro and question
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 07:55:57 pm »
Hello guys. As robin says etto. I have honestly not seen the product on the car. And wont buy one unless there is some interest as they are rather expensive in rands. I have asked  for a few more pics. The gap you are refering to is prob due to the pic. The flash has probably bounced off the white paint and that with the strong contrast of the cf  makes the gap look big. Perhaps better pictures will help. This  like the bra can also  easily clip on and off. Etto right?
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
I'd need to see more pics but it certainly looks of interest to me so far Mike. I think the colour of the car will be a big factor and maybe white isn't the best for your advertising shots. It would look better on a darker colour IMO.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 08:27:46 pm »

It looks better than I thought it would but as everyone is agreeing - Better pics and in daylight will show how it is. Is it something which could be easily undone and stolen?

Much better alternative to bonnet bras I think.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »
Hello guys. I agree not the greatest of pics but i have to admit. I didnt give him much time. I have emailed richard for more pics of the car front on. Side on etc. I might change his cars colour for this so you guys can see what it looks like on red. Black. Etc. Robin. As far as i know you have to  open the bonnet to remove it. So not too easy. Im waiting till the 9th for my parts man at vw to get stock. Then i will take a look myself. Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 05:12:13 pm »
OEM bonnet bra preferred and US-spec items already come with a GTI badge...

Having said that a lot of VW items come from SA... but I prefer to buy direct from Deutschland.

I'm not 100% certain that carbon fibre piece is an OEM though, it's not listed on Votex (and everything OEM is listed on Votex...). Looks very aftermarket as well.

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 05:20:57 pm »
Hello. The carbon fibre stone chip guard that i want to sell is supplied by vw. Its a geniune vw part designed for the mk5. I do not know why vw uk dont supply it or why other companies dont supply this product. I am still doing my research on this product though and will have more info when my vw parts guy gets stock. Mike

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 05:43:44 pm »
Not to be jerk or anything, but what's the VW part #? I'm aware of many of the SA-availability bits (my rear trim plate is one for instance) but have never encountered this.

Offline Dirty Five

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 05:58:53 pm »
I mean this is the nicest way possible, but you really shouldnt waste your time and resources on this. The retail sector is brutal at best and these are testing times for any business.

Your bringing to market, something that is already available, all be it overseas. By the time you sort the supply then you'll need to worry about HRM customs an excise, you will hemerage profit from every pore when you get to this point.

The biggest problem i can see, is the fact the product is just for the mk5 golf, who's going to buy one? Most enthusiasts and tuners/barrys have limited funds at the moment as a lot of people are being put out of jobs. The lust for buying parts will still be there but the funds wont.

As a group buy or something in small numbers yes, but you wont make any profit on them.

As i say im not trying to be an arse i'm just trying to help  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 07:33:39 pm »
^^^^

I think that Dirty Five is being realistic - There's no point in being anything but honest in an opinion, even if it's not what you want to hear.

You'd stand more chance with a product which isn't available from other sources.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »
Hello guys. I appreciate everyones advice. The idea of this was to get a feel for what potential buyers would be interested in. Evidently there is no market for this in the uk and I therefore wont stock it. Thats what makes research so important. I felt that it was an oppertunity that needed to be taken which is why I also believe in being positive. The  worst that can happen is a potential buyer will say they dont like it or belittle the product. Its etto and i  thank everyone for their contribution. Mike