Make a donation

Author Topic: REVO TUNING OR NOT? MK5 GTI.  (Read 2006 times)

waiteymk5

REVO TUNING OR NOT? MK5 GTI.
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:28:36 pm »
There is a revo dealer very close to me and r tech is so far away! literally hour for revo and 4 hours for r-tech. Im thinking revo stage 2 for my mk5 GTI! anyone got any advice or anything i should know? :thinking:

I'm happy with 270bhp for stage 2 with just induction and decat! also im going to upgarde my lower engine mount, does anyone know if this will fit my car? it says mid 2008 and onwards but just wondering if anyone has used it before!  :P

https://www.awesomegti.com/brands/powerflex-bushes/powerflex-lower-engine-mount-insert-large-golf-mk5-gti-r32-pff85-704/

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: REVO TUNING OR NOT? MK5 GTI.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 09:29:39 am »
Hi mate,

from what I've heard.. you cant go wrong with a Revo tune. I'm in the same boat as to distance to R-tech vs local ish Revo dealer. So more than likely will be settling for a Revo myself eventually, but at the same time.. my mind isn't made up.. as a boys Road Trip to R-Tech also isn't a bad idea and the extra spent fuel could all be worth it... decisions, decisions ey!

As for the Lower bush insert.. it depends what year your GTI is. on Power flex's website (link below) it shows the pics of the mount you will have for the year of release.. either up to 2008 or mid 2008 on.

to be clear - if yours is before 2008 you will need the Powerflex part number ending in 504. if its mid 2008 (58 plate) on you will need Powerflex part number ending in 704.

https://www.powerflexsuspensionbushes.co.uk/powerflex-lower-engine-mount-insert-large-pff85-504-for-vw-golf-mk5-gti--r32-93556-p.asp

hope this helps.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 11:35:00 am »
I’ve had Revo stage 1 on my car for 10 years now and it drives very well. Is it however worth spending @£600 on what is now a low value car? I would say not but everyone will have their own value judgement.

Fwiw APR ran a heavily discounted offer last month and you may be able to get them to still honour the terms, however I would be inclined to find a reason to make the trek down to RTech and take up their intake / injector clean and remap offer for a similar cost to Revo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:11:51 am by colesey »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 678
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 09:56:15 am »
I'm not sure why the options have become just R-Tech or Revo/Apr.

There's also MRC Tuning, Stealth Racing, Superchips and Racingline to name but a few.

Just because R-Tech have a big social media presence, doesn't mean they are the only company capable of producing a good tune.

I have experience of 3 of the companies mentioned and the best by far is Stealth Racing.  Just putting that out there.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D