Make a donation

Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 11562 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Water Pump
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 11:29:35 am »
Well the reason why I was asking is because my car intermittently lets the temp get up to 110c before the fans kick in. Its happened twice now after letting the car idle after a drive.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 11:32:30 am »
Guys my cambelt, tensioner and water pump is being changed in the next couple of weeks. Ive been asked if I want the 2 roller relays changed which add another £60 to the bill. Is this something others are changing or just leaving in place. I've hunted the Internet high and low and can't find an answer. Anyone have an invoice with the parts changed???

Many thanks,

Ryan

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »
Guys my cambelt, tensioner and water pump is being changed in the next couple of weeks. Ive been asked if I want the 2 roller relays changed which add another £60 to the bill. Is this something others are changing or just leaving in place. I've hunted the Internet high and low and can't find an answer. Anyone have an invoice with the parts changed???

Many thanks,

Ryan

..........i had them changed mate.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »
Well the reason why I was asking is because my car intermittently lets the temp get up to 110c before the fans kick in. Its happened twice now after letting the car idle after a drive.

Could be a sticking thermostat....
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:41 pm »
I had a cambelt and water pump replacement a few weeks ago for £390 at VW Huddersfield. Car was near enough exactly 4 years old when the damned thing started squeaking!

Initially it was only booked in for the cambelt but apparently they found a leak from the water pump whilst sorting the cambelt. The suspicious side of me thinks this was a crafty upsell!