Make a donation

Author Topic: Tony Banks / Longlife exhausts  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 9
Tony Banks / Longlife exhausts
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:55:45 am »
I need to replace my standard exhaust and VW’s price is ridiculous so I’m wondering if anyone on here had an exhaust from Tony, there’s plenty of reviews online but they’re quite mixed to be honest. I’ve had a quote from him for both a cat back and turbo back. The price of a turbo back comes in cheaper than what VW want for just the cat back!

Not too concerned with gaining any more power and don’t really want anything much louder than stock - definitely don’t want any drone as I do a far bit of travelling on the motorway.

My other options are a Milltek resonated cat back or BCS prestige cat back but for a similar price I could have the turbo back custom made.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:55:11 pm by Mark_DF05 »

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Tony Banks / Longlife exhauts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:00:57 pm »
Where are you located mate?
I have a full oem system in vgc  that I was keeping in case I took off all my mods.
If you want to make an offer I could be persuaded to part with it if the price was right.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 01:34:18 pm »
I need to replace my standard exhaust and VW’s price is ridiculous so I’m wondering if anyone on here had an exhaust from Tony, there’s plenty of reviews online but they’re quite mixed to be honest. I’ve had a quote from him for both a cat back and turbo back. The price of a turbo back comes in cheaper than what VW want for just the cat back!

Not too concerned with gaining any more power and don’t really want anything much louder than stock - definitely don’t want any drone as I do a far bit of travelling on the motorway.

My other options are a Milltek resonated cat back or BCS prestige cat back but for a similar price I could have the turbo back custom made.

I had a bad experience with him.

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 01:42:49 pm »
@bacillus I'm in West Yorkshire mate, if you're not too far away I could be interested.

@bobby_fodge What was the issue? Quality of the exhaust?

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 03:21:20 pm »
I had a middle and rear on e bay company called Gerlach with fitting kit delivered £91 sounds a bit more fruity than the old one