Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG group buy ?  (Read 33881 times)

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
Re: ITG group buy ?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2010, 01:58:41 pm »
Good find mate so basically if we manage a 15% discount it is more like half that now........mmmmmmmm !
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:08:00 pm by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2010, 02:11:54 pm »
You will get more induction noise with the ITG though...

as long as its a nice (not chavvy / annoying type) induction noise then I'm sure he won't mind.

Surprised he's kept the Dbilas this long really!

You remember that bloody stupid noise don't you Lee? I don't mind induction noise as long as it's not trying to play a harmonica.

I don't mind whether we do it this week or next week or two weeks hence, whatever the case it'll throw my financial plans into even more disarray, so may as well bite the bullet (so to speak).

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »
I can give ITG my credit card on Monday if that helps, just want to make sure we are covered in case of drop outs......but lets go now, car already got the bonnet up....... :wink:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2010, 07:40:39 pm »
Just waiting to hear from Stevep, he was going to try and get in touch with Andy at ITG today so with a bit of luck we will be sorted out very soon  :driver:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2010, 07:42:56 pm »
Spoke to Andy today, he is checking a few things his end and will get back to me as soon as he can with confirmed prices and availability  :happy2:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2010, 07:49:47 pm »
Great, good to go at my end. By the way, am jumping on a downpipe and 100 cell cat group buy over in the audi forum for my GTI K03 to make the complete package, just need a superchips GB and will have a serioud upgrade via GB's, here is the link if anyone interested?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?83998-MV-Sport-Downpipe-GROUP-BUY-10-15-OFF/page2

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »
Cheers Steve

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I cant read it mate im not a member what type of Cat and DP are they Group buying ?

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2010, 08:10:14 pm »
Basically it is a MV sport downpipe and 100 cell cat, which according to their group buy, which is in second round (frist set of guys got their dp's in Jan and someone who missed the GB has resurrected it for a 2nd round. The dp is for both the S3 and 2.0 TSFI (same as our ed30's and GTI K03's) so i enguired of MVS if they did a downpipe and cat for the GTI K03, they said yes...
Hi John

Thank you for your enquiry regarding an exhaust upgrade for your Golf 5 TFSi.

I can confirm that we can provide a sports catalytic converter and downpipe upgrade for your car that will mate onto the standard system. This will enable you to keep and sound difference to a minimum and retail a completely showroom standard look and yet still benefit from the performance increase offered by the downpipe upgrade.

The downpipe upgrade costs £550 including vat and is available from stock. Delivery is £10 including vat.

Just for your interest I have attached a copy of our latest press release which gives full details of both our exhaust and software upgrades for your car.

If you do need any more information or would like to order, please just ask.

Best Regards

Mike
MV Sport Sales Team

and given the GB in the audi forum is looking at a 15% discount seems a good deal to me.

According to the first set of buyers, the system is actually a blueflame white labelled for MV sport. The audi GB haven't yet checked that MVS will supply a GTI dp as part of their group buy but don't see why not, if not and enough interest here I will set up a GTI only GB

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:33 pm »
Its a bit more expensive than i was looking for.

Have you considderd blueflame mate, ive bought the cat back a wee while ago, if interested you could get the cat-DP for roughly £450 without a group buy, its a true 3" system, revo rate it as one of the best for gains, I hear its pretty loud though, ive not fitted mine yet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:46:53 pm by gobbleplease »

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »

Have you considderd blueflame mate, ive bought the cat back a wee while ago, if interested you could get the cat-DP for roughly £450 without a group buy, its a true 3" system, revo rate it as one of the best for gains, I hear its pretty loud though, ive not fitted mine yet.

cat back doesnt include the downpipe the cat back is the cheaper bit  :smiley:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »

cat back doesnt include the downpipe the cat back is the cheaper bit  :smiley:

Yip i know i was saying that i have the cat back, but i know where you can buy either 100 or 200 cell sports cats / downpipe for About the £450, i bought the BF cat back for £330, bargain isnt it. Im sure the system retails for about £1K  :happy2

Im not sure if i was offered the cat/dp for this price as i had already bought the cat back though ?

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17:26 am »
Still a very good price, have pm'd you

John

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2010, 11:51:55 am »
I will be changing the intake on my Cupra shortly, and have considered one of these. Reason I am changing is because I fancy an increase in intake noise.

Regarding the comments on the Dbilas above, each to their own, but my car made 337bhp at the wheels 3 days ago using a Dbilas. It is anything but restrictive, and while I agree it is heavy, it is well built, but it is not going to suffer any more of an adverse effect to engine heat than any other intake. In my opinion it is a very good intake, and knowing someone who has had an ITG and a Dbilas on their car, the r/r showed virtually no difference between the two.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2010, 01:01:17 pm »
I will be changing the intake on my Cupra shortly, and have considered one of these. Reason I am changing is because I fancy an increase in intake noise.

Regarding the comments on the Dbilas above, each to their own, but my car made 337bhp at the wheels 3 days ago using a Dbilas. It is anything but restrictive, and while I agree it is heavy, it is well built, but it is not going to suffer any more of an adverse effect to engine heat than any other intake. In my opinion it is a very good intake, and knowing someone who has had an ITG and a Dbilas on their car, the r/r showed virtually no difference between the two.

Did you have the original one piece dbilas or the two-piece unit that came later? Mine is a two-piece unit, and whilst I've got no issues re restriction (though it does have a smaller surface area on the filter than others) that noise is driving me crazy.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2010, 01:10:15 pm »
I had the two piece dblias - kept on working its way loose from the mounting bolts and thats with a full set of vf enging mounts, also mine had some cheap hose connecting the air filter with the downpipe rather than the rubber hose as seen on some of the pics - this split over time which I repaired with tape... not good so finally replaced with the ITG

awesome bit of kit, weighs about half that of the dbilas, performance feels alot better and the noise... addictive to say the least 

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.