Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI SPRING FESTIVAL - SANTA POD – SUNDAY 11TH APRIL  (Read 47322 times)

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
Re: GTI SPRING FESTIVAL - SANTA POD – SUNDAY 11TH APRIL
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2010, 07:28:17 pm »
here you go ben

i really need to improve my 60ft times..
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »
Why was the tarmac wet... is there a reason for this ? To me it just makes things worse.. or does it?
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Chris

« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2010, 07:36:35 pm »
dont think its wet, its some sort of adhesive for better traction i think

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2010, 07:49:34 pm »
here you go ben

i really need to improve my 60ft times..
Some 1.2's will help too I reckon..  
My best run..

Have done a 111mph terminal before though. Will find the ticket..
You can see where the Stage 2 comes in once moving over the 1/8th mile.  :wink:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2010, 07:52:11 pm »
Was good to see a few of you today, sorry i didnt come over, i was quite ocupied on the stand and when i did go for a wounder i seemed to stop every few meters to talk to people :-)

Yep, my fastest time was indeed a 12.79  :smiley: was really pleased with that considering it hasnt got half the mods jonnys had to get a 12.6! I recon a 12.5 could be on the cards when i have fitted my diff, engine mounts, some 235 rubber, a better intercooler and got some more weight out! (all i took out was the lardy seats to fit the corbeau, and spare wheel)

Was a really good show tho, the most busy i have ever seen it!

BTW all your cars were soo clean and nice, it put mine to shame! haha  :smiley:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »
Was good to see a few of you today, sorry i didnt come over, i was quite ocupied on the stand and when i did go for a wounder i seemed to stop every few meters to talk to people :-)

Yep, my fastest time was indeed a 12.79  :smiley: was really pleased with that considering it hasnt got half the mods jonnys had to get a 12.6! I recon a 12.5 could be on the cards when i have fitted my diff, engine mounts, some 235 rubber, a better intercooler and got some more weight out! (all i took out was the lardy seats to fit the corbeau, and spare wheel)

What terminal speed did you run mate? What engine mods do you have (if there is anymore than your sig says. Pump etc?)?

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2010, 08:03:08 pm »
my fave was the blue with osir front and r32 ars!- looked so good!
What exhaust is that mate?
That sounds like mojo's car. I love the look of it too. I thought he had a resonated milltek? I'm sure he'll correct me thoug.   
Sounds like my puppy!  You're correct it's a resonated milly ...

I don't think I bumped into you matsu...shame, may be next time.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
yeah next time mate!-car loks reaaly good!
and i almost didnt come over,i,m not that good in new meetings etc,cant believe imshy at 44yrs FFS :ashamed:
(esp considering my job) but i,m glad i did!
look forward to meetting more you over the next fewshows!
MATSU

oh. i,m up at blueflame fri 23rd if anyone near there has day off!
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »

What terminal speed did you run mate? What engine mods do you have (if there is anymore than your sig says. Pump etc?)?

I can't remember without going to the car, think I got 111 on a run, not sure if that was my fastest tho!
The only other mod that I haven't added to my sig yet is the autotech pump :-) we saw 350 bhp on the rollers but it gets hot quick, anywho it's all about the amount of usable power band and nice ammounts of torque over peak power! I think I'm going to wrap the intake pipe too after feeling how hot it was today! the poor little intercooler was struggling to keep it all cool! Haha

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Rich

• Thank You
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2010, 08:27:21 pm »
Right,

More pictures to follow,

Firstly, i'd just like to say, it was brilliant to see all the familiar faces again. Its a great forum to be a part of, everyone's extremely friendly and NO NATHAN, you may not swap cars with me  :innocent:  :signLOL:

James GTi

Jabala's

Many more photos to follow a bit later on  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2010, 08:28:09 pm »

I can't remember without going to the car, think I got 111 on a run, not sure if that was my fastest tho!
The only other mod that I haven't added to my sig yet is the autotech pump :-) we saw 350 bhp on the rollers but it gets hot quick, anywho it's all about the amount of usable power band and nice ammounts of torque over peak power! I think I'm going to wrap the intake pipe too after feeling how hot it was today! the poor little intercooler was struggling to keep it all cool! Haha

You manual as well?  :surprised:

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, had a great time today :happy2:.  Think i'll take my artic gear next time, t'was bloody freezing when the wind got up. 

Here are a couple of photos i took that caught my eye.  There we lots of very nice cars at the event :drool: :drool:

Did anyone get a picture of the turbo on the lime green MKII ?

Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2010, 08:47:47 pm »
some cracking times there... looks like a top day was had  :smiley:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

You manual as well?  :surprised:

na dsg :-) manual would probably have been better for getting of the line, the way the clutches bite in on the dsg makes I hard to judge wheelspin!

Cheers for the pics rich, there mega :-)

Offline Rich

• Thank You
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »
More Photos.

A few more photos to come later :happy2: