Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise Control fitting guide  (Read 45833 times)

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Re: Cruise Control fitting guide
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2013, 06:32:33 pm »
£80ish iirc.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Breket

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2015, 09:09:05 pm »
Dear friends,

I bought used cruise control stalk on ebay. It is marked as 08 production year. Last night I read about retrofitting CC. Today I did it, but all did not get well. When I was connecting battery I notice that high beams are on  :surprised:.
I thought that maybe I need to turn off coming home function  :stupid:, but later when I did it it was without success.
Anyway, my modul is
Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BC    HW: 1K0 953 549 BC
   Component: Lenksäulenmodul 036 0070 
   Coding: 0000042
   Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00001
   VCID: 74EDC20917A00E9

Now I notice BC in part no. To be honest, as I have board computer in car and I think that retrofitting will fit easy.  :sad1:

Also, rosstech says:
#1: Depending on the hardware version of this module, it MAY or MAY NOT allow Cruise Control Retrofitting, so
replacing the Steering Wheel Control Module may be required.

So, I successfully turned on CC. I code it in steering wheel and engine control module, and it works great but I
have trouble with high beams. It suppose that when i unlock the car its switch on and it stays on for about several
minutes, maybe 4-5. In that period I start the engine and high beam lights still on, no matter where is main light switch.

It looks like someone turn blinker upward and does not releasing it. After that period lights turns off. Also I
notice that I can t blinks or turn manually high beams. So, can I change wiring of stalk or do something else? Any
other suggestions?

The car is 2007 Golf 5 TDI

Offline Boky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2016, 02:38:36 pm »
Hello, thought i could post this question here, so i don't opet a new topic ( since i am also new :P )

i recently retrofitted the cruise control, and activated it through vcds. it works fine, everything in order.

The problem is, since then i can't change tracks/radio station with my MFSW when in audio menu. the buttons work fine with mfd and rest of the menu, i can turn the volume up and down fine, but i can't change the station or tracks anymore.

did anybody have this problem?

my gateway is a K revision, radio is basic rcd 300, the car is 2007, new style buttons on the steering wheel.

Offline Breket

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »
I have resolve the problem. My module supports cruise control, the problem was with stalk. I measure contact on my old stalk, and discover where is the open circuit at each position of stalk. See photo. After that discover that stalk with cc gives constantly high beam. After that I remove motherboard of stalk, and discover that mechanism which walks through contact was without control. just insert it into position an assembled all back. Now everything work perfect.
Just add radio in adaptation for can gateway and now car is without any errors. It have 270tkm and still counting.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzdSPg1ePQ46SmZlbjFMX1FORm8&usp=sharing

Offline Boky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »

Just add radio in adaptation for can gateway and now car is without any errors. It have 270tkm and still counting.

Will this work for me too, and that changing tracks and songs with mfsw??

As i recall, when i go in the gateway coding, there is no adaptation button?

Offline Breket

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2016, 03:19:59 pm »

Will this work for me too, and that changing tracks and songs with mfsw??

As i recall, when i go in the gateway coding, there is no adaptation button?

Well, I do not know, I do not have MFSW. I insert OEM RNS 300 radio, before I had aftermarket radio. So, after that I had something like this  when scanning car:
56-Radio -- Status: Not registered 0001

after changing this, everything look
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:22:30 pm by Breket »

Offline daelo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2019, 10:14:32 am »
Valid question for the thread so it can help future readers , if someone knows the answer.

I already have a cruise control stick fitted, but it has broken (code VAG00895 CCS/ADR control unit faulty)

I have a new Meyle unit , i am unsure if it is the same as what is fitted to the car.

Will it need coding regardless, or as the CC is already activated in my car , will it just be a straight swap?

Cheers

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:42 pm »
Should just be a straight swap however there are different revisions of stalks so I'm led to believe and I don't know if this has any effect on the coding.