Make a donation

Author Topic: Now its multi function  (Read 11328 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Now its multi function
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:18:09 pm »
Oh right, does the guy not take paypal?

If anyone else is interested, I can see if I can get several all in one go, might be easier if its difficult and might save on the postage?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:33 am »
I'm interested - PM'd

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:44 am »
Dealer fit?  I replaced mine when i had my mk2 Leon.

Took 10 mins.

What he said dead easy to fit - http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178301

I think I paid about £70 for mine if I remember.
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 11:08:23 am »
Legendary Matt, you just saved me hours of frustration on german ebay   :drinking:  Ive sent the seller an email to check postage to the UK he didnt mention it in his advert from what I can tell (I speak no german)

Can have it sent to my place in Germany if you want mate, if its cheaper?  I'll be going over there 20th Juny and comming back
23rd July...

I really want to fit the Facelift CupraR flat bottomed steering wheel, there apears to be lots of knowledge on here so I'll get it sorted

Offline jcm76

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 04:28:27 pm »
I want to do this - but my car is manual.. Does anyone have any info (or thread links) to what is involved in fitting them to a manual car?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 04:33:40 pm »
Legendary Matt, you just saved me hours of frustration on german ebay   :drinking:  Ive sent the seller an email to check postage to the UK he didnt mention it in his advert from what I can tell (I speak no german)

Can have it sent to my place in Germany if you want mate, if its cheaper?  I'll be going over there 20th Juny and comming back
23rd July...

I really want to fit the Facelift CupraR flat bottomed steering wheel, there apears to be lots of knowledge on here so I'll get it sorted

Cheers Mike, if I can find some might pm you to get them sent to your place which might save alot of money and trouble  :notworthy:

JCM76, if you have a manual then you need to get a whole new steering wheel as you dont have the right apertures to change your plastic blanks.  This usually involves changing other parts like controllers and slip rings, but depends on the rest of your car specification, not 100% on what affects this but things like cruise have an effect.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »
The ones without buttons on them are the standard steering wheel plates that all DSG cars have. The wiring to the control box is present & working, but there are no buttons to press. If you are desperate for a set of these without buttons, they are £70 a side from the stealer, or you can have mine for postage only cos MortyGTTDi fitted MFSW buttons for me yesterday! :grin:

No idea why anyone would want these so good luck to the ebay seller if he thinks he'll shift 'em :rolleye:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline dougle_turbo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »
Richn83,

Def interested, too much of a newb to be able to PM!  :sad1:

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 10:17:25 pm »
Would be interested in a set aswell.
Would there be much to connecting them up?

Offline Britishlion

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 13
  • I have an eBay business !
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:47 am »

PM'd

:drinking: :drinking:

Plllleeeaaassssseee let him have some !

While your on the the best GTI forum, get your wife to peruse my.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BRIGHTSPARKS-CONSULTANTS-WEB-STORE

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 09:45:55 am »
Hello all, I never managed to get anywhere with the guys on German ebay, I had confirmation that the postage could be split from the original guy that matt23 provided the link for, but once the auction had ended he stopped replying to my messages!

The pricing for them on German ebay have also gone through the roof from E40 upto nearer E70, so they arent alot cheaper.

A seller seems to have these http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-MULTIFUNKTION-LENKRAD-TASTEN-PASSAT-3C-GOLF-5-TOURAN_W0QQitemZ300445742331QQcategoryZ53915QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7133175416055269737#ht_1406wt_820

Which are from the Passat, they are the new button configuration but with the old style buttons. They are currently £63 but with £14 postage, since he has at least two he might be prepared to send both with a single shipping charge, and he may be able to get hold of more, if people would be interested then I am happy to email the guy.

Offline dougle_turbo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:52:10 am »
Well I'm definately game for this, even if the price has gone up a little. If it helps I do have a German address he could send them to and i'd be back in the UK at the end of July. Are you going to buy a set Rich?

Cheers

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 10:27:30 am »
Hi Dougle, it all depends if anyone else steps forward or not, I have since trying to organise this the first time ended up buying a complete wheel to get some multi-function buttons as reaching to the stereo was driving me crazy  :grin:

Offline dougle_turbo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:29 am »
Hi Rich!

I agree, reaching forward is driving me crazy and i've only had the car 3 days! VW really should have fitted these as standard.

I'll wait and see if theres more interest, if not i'll prob just buy the ones you put the link up for. Do you know if the comp will require coding or do they plug and play? Ive got a 55 dsg with paddles.

Thanks

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 10:40:55 am »
Volume buttons and mute should work without coding, the buttons on the right will depend on the setup you have, the ok and up and down-buttons will as default scroll through the computer display in the clocks, and if you have highline the menu button should looks like a drop down list should work.  The only coding that was required with mine is to enable short press buttons in the radio module but as I havent done this yet Im not 100% about what difference this makes, I believe it will allow the skipping of tracks, I can confirm tonight or tomorrow as I will be re-coding.

And totally agree, not sure how VW didnt include highline and buttons on all the GTI's especially when the R32 wasnt out it was the top of the range model and didnt come with these frankly basic items! I had the buttons as standard on my 2002 focus zetec for gods sake!