Make a donation

Author Topic: number plates  (Read 1558 times)

HILLYMK5

number plates
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »
Does anyone know wher i could get wolfsburg number plates for my mk5 in the uk. the metal style ones with logos etc........
Many thanks.....

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: number plates
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:48:16 pm »
http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Pretty sure the pressed plates in the German font with the German badge aren't legal but theres some legal presed ones on there too. Also sell all the surrounds on that site.

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »
Dubmeister are the best, got me a set of those plates, and they look so cool on a MK5,
Also love it when people 'try' to shout you down for having illegal plates, only to educate them on these actually being the only road legal pressed ones available. :laugh:

Saint Steve

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »
^^ dubmeister vote again!!

Just got some of these along with a Wolfsburg plate surround on the rear. looks very swish imo.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »
ive just left my chiswick VW ones on. old skool! did think about these dubmeister ones some time ago but never got round to it besides i like the steath look  8)
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:46 pm »
ive just left my chiswick VW ones on. old skool! did think about these dubmeister ones some time ago but never got round to it besides i like the steath look  8)

I thought about leaving on my original ones, especially as they were registered by 'titty ho motor co!'
Think Joe is the only one here with true stealth look plates....on the front anyway!  :wink:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »
yeh i think that because joes car is so low the number plate gets knocked off by speed bumps! or is that just what he tells the BIB?!
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:05:43 pm »
Europl8 also sell fully legal uk pressed plates. I bought a set over Xmas. Excellent quality and most importantly the manufacturer and post code mark on the bottom of the plate is as small as it possibly could be. Ie I'm not running an advertising billboard for the maker.  Hate that, just like having a dealership sticker in the window! :smiley: