Make a donation

Author Topic: TEFF's Octavia vRS  (Read 19719 times)

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: TEFF's Octavia vRS
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:54 pm »
I have Blueflame with the big oval tail pipe. And it's extremely loud, i do not like it. Now i'm in doubt, i don't know what to do. To order only the back box with twin tailpipe's from Blueflame, or to order Milltek 2.75" tbe, or to order APR RSC 3" tbe.
Don't know what to do, a little help?  :smiley:

Saint Steve

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 08:34:45 pm »
Milltek out of those 3 would be the quieter.

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 08:41:46 pm »
The Blueflame has a deeper tone, and between 2000 and 3000 rpm it is very very loud, all the car starts to vibrate, and in high rpm's is very quiet. The Milltek is exactly as i want, quieter and in higher rpm very beautiful. I haven't heard a Skoda Octavia RS with APR RSC. A friend of mine has one, but he's out of country right now :(

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »
The back box on the blueflame looks quite small and maybe doesn't help the noise. Does it drone when cruising?
As i say I'm looking at the 3" Jetex Cat back with twin 80mm tail pipes, hope this thread doesn't put me off  :sad1:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2010, 09:14:28 pm »
I have a 3" pipewerx downpipe matched with a 2.5" piper catback. its a little bit loudr than the 2.75" miltek TBE non resonated.  I think it sounds ace. The missus doesnt like it  though

Saint Steve

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »
I though Jetex was quite a loud system?

Seen  some  Youtube video's with this exhaust , and it wouldnt be my 1st pick tbh, but we all like different tones/sounds etc

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:52 pm »
The back box on the blueflame looks quite small and maybe doesn't help the noise. Does it drone when cruising?
As i say I'm looking at the 3" Jetex Cat back with twin 80mm tail pipes, hope this thread doesn't put me off  :sad1:

Yes, it has that drone effect, and it;s very very pronounced

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 09:46:11 pm »
Jetex

Is your back box smaller than this Teff? I can't find any pics of Blueflame systems.
I think the Mk2 Octy already has quite a nice burble but could just do to be a little louder. What I wouldn't want is a LOT louder.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:24 pm »
IMO opinion you just need the downpipe and not the full TBE. Not sure about the miltek varient but the pipewerx made it a much deeper throatier burble, which i actually prefer to how it is now with the piper cat back. 

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 09:51:53 pm »
1 min i'll p[ost the pic

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »

here it is

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2010, 09:56:15 pm »
Thanks,
Well doesn't look very wide so I guess it will be bit more of a straight through design than one with a larger back box.
 :scared: Decisions,Desicions......

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 10:02:05 pm »
i was thinking just to try to replace the back box, Because, between my back box and tail pipe is a very very large pipe, and if i get a backbox like the one from Jetex for example, in which from the backbox comes out two smaller tailpipes, the noise would be different.
what do you think?

I'm very confused right now, i would not like to give another 1500 euro for other exhaust. what to do, what to do? :confused:

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2010, 10:38:32 pm »
i was thinking just to try to replace the back box, Because, between my back box and tail pipe is a very very large pipe, and if i get a backbox like the one from Jetex for example, in which from the backbox comes out two smaller tailpipes, the noise would be different.
what do you think?

I'm very confused right now, i would not like to give another 1500 euro for other exhaust. what to do, what to do? :confused:
I would imagine it would be quieter, certainly as quiet as a 3" system gets. After that there wouldn't be a lot left you could change.
Whatever you do keep this thread updated please I am following it with interest  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:48:41 pm by martziniuk »

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2010, 10:55:34 pm »
I must admit from the clip on Blueflames website it sounds quite good but then again its not an in car clip
http://www.blueflameperformance.com/prange.php?makeid=105&modelid=516&pageid=6