Make a donation

Author Topic: The Golf get's some Gold fillings !  (Read 948 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
The Golf get's some Gold fillings !
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:34:11 pm »
HI all. As I posted on here a few weeks ago, I had an advisory at my last service that the front suspension "console" (rear wishbone) bushes were worn. As the car is due for it's MOT in a couple of weeks, I thought I woul dget this seen to.

I had a look at the original bushes, and sure enough, you could clearly see where the rubber had started to split in various places. Taking advice from the good people of this forum, I decided to not go OEM again, but instead go with the WALK kit. Overall, it worked out a similar price to OEM and will apparently perform much better ?

Anyway, here's the condition of the original bushes before removal:

Here's the new WALK kit fitted

Can't say I've noticed much of a difference yet, but the weathers been pretty dry over the last couple of days, and I guess they will still be bedding in. Also had a 4 wheel laser alignment done at the same time (for the first time), and was both surprised and chuffed that apart from a little bit of front toe that needed adjustaing (probably as a result of fitting the WALK kit), everything else including the rear was spot on !
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:37:42 pm by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline owen lcr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
  • owen
    • Email
Re: The Golf get's some Gold fillings !
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »
i am away to get this kit fitted soon, heard alot of good reviews about it, hopefully you will notice a differance soon to