Make a donation

Author Topic: MFD2 Broken?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
MFD2 Broken?
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:23 am »
Morning guys

Got in my car this morning and my MFD2 seems to be playing up - was fine yesterday but this morning it was showing as playing a CD but there was no sound... I tried both the internal CD and CD changer CDs, as well as the Nav disk - display shows what it should but nothing comes from the speakers. Tried adjusting the volume, tried pressing mute a few times - still nothing.

What could be wrong and is it something that can be fixed? (Am I being thick?!) I certainly don't have the cash to buy a new unit  :sad1:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
Re: MFD2 Broken?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:51:22 am »
Going to sound daft - but which map version you running?

I had V3 with all sorts of problems - muted sound, outside digitised area, locking up, general crapness.

My V4 Disc overwrote the firmware automatically and it was like brand new ever since.

The Dealer supplied upgrade discs have the firmware update - if you buy a V4 disc that came with a new car then it doesnt have it - I got lucky.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:43:33 am »
I'm not sure - it's a Blaupunkt CD - 2007/2008... not sure what that equates to... But I've had my car over a year now with no problems at all - would it just break now because of the CD?  :confused:

Offline Sparky Craig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
  • Looking To Sell my R32 :(
    • My R32 Page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:58:01 am »
Have you tried turning it off, taking the key out and then try again..  :signLOL:

Also have you got ANY sort of blue tooth / phone kit kitted ?

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:33:01 pm »
Ha, yep - tried that!  :P

No bluetooth fitted... I will try it again in a while, maybe the sunshine will have warmed it up a bit and it'll be more willing to work!

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:36 pm »
That's a coincidence!  My unit did exactly the same thing yesterday!

I couldn't get it to output sound on either radio, CD or nav until I just switched the unit off then back on again.  I put it down to the unit just getting confused for some reason as it has worked perfectly since I bought the car last summer. Quick 'reboot' whilst driving and its been fine since.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 03:45:36 pm »
Went out at lunch and the damn thing was fine! Must have had a funny turn... :confused: Thanks though guys!   :happy2: