Make a donation

Author Topic: Karcher broken - not happy  (Read 6044 times)

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
Karcher broken - not happy
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:24:26 pm »
My three week old karcher is leaking water internally. ive arranged karcher to pick it up for repair tomorrow. However reading about there seems to be a thought that it may be frost/ice damage that has burst a seal which is not covered under warrenty.

Anyone know how much karcher charge for a non warrenty repair?

I dont intend paying them anything as i will play the stored as per instructions in a garage away from frost Must be a design fault ect.... Would be usefull to know what they charge for repair. If they refuse to repair it i under warrenty i will tell them to send it back and return it straight to halford for exchange\refund!

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: Karcher broken - not happy
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:27:36 pm »
i had the the same problem after 12 months of ownership,  it was more to mend it than buy another!!

i said he could keep it for spairs!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:11:40 pm »
If it's no good get a nilfisk they really are good
get them from screw fix etc

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:17:28 pm »
I'm sure the Visa Chargeback Scheme will cover the problem if Karcher won't, as long as you used one of their cards its covered up to 120 days.
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:13 pm »
I'm sure the Visa Chargeback Scheme will cover the problem if Karcher won't, as long as you used one of their cards its covered up to 120 days.

Paid in cash - had birthday money and Christmas money to spend. Tempted to have a look at it myself tonight.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 06:52:53 pm »
could have sworn ebay had "service packs"  for Karchers...not sure what they consist of though. Definately worth checking out though.

Just had a quick look on the bay and they had all sorts of washers, o rings, spare pumps etc etc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:55:13 pm by dajonic »

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:36 am »
I've used Karchers for years, although they don't seem to last a long time with me for some reason!  Anyway I bought one of the Karcher KB4040 Pressure Washer Water Jet Cleaners just before Christmas and wasn't impressed with the power of the thing.  It is massive and looks like a semi-pro model, but there's hardly any pressure from it at all.

Luckily my Mum and Dad bought me a , http://cpc.farnell.com/nilfisk-alto/c110-3-5-pc-x-tra/pressure-washer-patio-cleaner/dp/SI15532 and it is by far and away better than the Karcher, plus it's so light and easy to use I end up cleaning the house windows with it too!  

I won't be going back now and the Karcher will be on eBay when I can be bothered listing it!

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:30 pm »
Been reading a lot of reviews on Karcher - many said the same thing !!!   :surprised:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »
To add insult to injury my snow foam and lance arrived today  :sad1:

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 11:11:41 pm »
Okay washer came back from karcher today  :jumping: i was please for a quick turnaround.

That is until I opened the box. What was in the box appeared to be my washer unit (presumably fixed but not been able to test it yet) then the rest of the accessorys (that karcher said i MUST send back also) were just thown in the box minus all the original factory packing that i sent it all back in. I thought to myself WTF is this crap. Then i started emptying the box to find that none of the accessorys were the three week old brand new stuff i sent them back, but some skanky ancient ones that had been quite obviously well used, worn and filthy.

Phoned their customer services and spoke to a guy - Explained the issue and my displeasure in a very polite way. He said he would escalate to his manager and ask her to call me. May be tonight or in the morning. No call tonight so they have till 10 AM in the morning till i will be calling them back.

Well and truly pee'd off with karcher customer service not happy at all.   :fighting: :fighting: Wish i had just ignored them and kept all my accessorys.

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:20:57 am »
That is bloody unreal, if Karcher won't sort it, stick it all on ebay and get yourself a nice Nilfisk mate!...

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »
Loads have had problems with the commercial karchers under 300 quid
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!