Make a donation

Author Topic: Truckies edition30  (Read 1914 times)

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Truckies edition30
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:28 pm »
From a wee while ago.......

A mate asked me to give his MK5 ed30 a detail, so here it is.....

Products used for the detail were

Meguiars Wheel brightner
    Meguiars All pupose cleaner (APC)
    Meguiars Degreaser
    Meguiars Shampoo plus
    Valet pro PH neutral snowfoam
    Meguiars #205
    Meguiars #83
    EZ-detail wheel brush
    Various detailing brushes
    Meguairs side lock brush
    Meguiars endurance tyre gel
    Poorboys wheel seal
    Eurow deep pile towels
    Sonus perfect shine dryig towels
    Meguiars G220 DA polisher
    Meguiars last touch
    Sonus Green clay
    Autosmart tardis
    3M 3434 tape
    Autoglym glass cleaner
    Zaino Z-6
    Dodo juice born to be mild shampoo
    Dodo juice supernatural wax
    Dodo juice rede mist
    Dodo juice wash and rinse buckets with grit gaurd
    Sonus sheep skin mitt
    Chemical guys jet seal 109
    Chemical guys bare bones

When i got up to his garage it was raining, typical!! so only a few before pics....

The car is always kept clean, so the wahing stage wasnt going to be that difficult.
First up was the wheels, tyres an arches. The wheels were done with Megs wheel brightner, EZ-detail brush, a microfibre mitt and various brushes.
The tyres were done with Megs APC and DE-greaser with a stiff brush and the arches were done with Megs APC and some tardis for the tar spot in the arches and on the wheels. The calipers were also done with Megs APC.
The door shuts were the sprayed with Megs APC and worked with a Megs side lock and some other smaller brushes

The car was then foamed woth VP snow foam and Megs shampoo plus, while this was doing its job, i went round the badges and window seals etc.

Car was then rinsed, and washed 2BM with a sonus sheepskin mitt and dodo juice BTBM shampoo
Car was then rinsed left wet and autosmart tardis applied to the lower panels and the small tar spots were removed. The lower panels were then re-washed and rinsed. With the car still wet, i clayed the car with sonus green fine clay, using Megs last touch as lubricant, there wasnt alot of contamination, although there was a few orange spots which were easily dealt with using the clay.
The car was thwen power rinsed.
Car was then moved inside to the garage and dried with a ultra plush drying towel and sonus perfect shine towels, using megs last touch as a drying aid.
Then i put the halogen lights on to help highlight the defects a swirls marks on the car,the car was in pretty good shape

The car was then taped up using 3M 3434 blue tape, and polished with a sonus sfx-2 polishing pad and Meg #205 via a Megs G220 DA polisher, in some place i had to use a sonus SFX-3 cutting pad and megs #83 to remove defects, the main area being on the roof where it looked like someone had tried to remove bird droppings, the polish residuue was remove with Eurow towels.
Once the polishing stage was complete i added a coat of chemical guys jetseal 109, while this was curing the wheels were sealed with poorboys wheel seal and the tyres dressed with megs endurance gel.
The jetseal was then buffed off after around 35min, and a coat of Zanio Z-6 was put on, followed by a layer of Dodo juice supernatural. While this was curing the glass was polished and the trims were dress with Megs gold class gel, the arches were dressed with Chemical guys bare bones and the engine given a wipe down from polish dust.
After 20 min the wax was buffed off and a coat of red mist was applied to top it off. Time taken was around 8.5 hours, and heres the finished pictures

thanks for looking, all comments welcome

PM for details

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Truckies edition30
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:49:10 pm »
Uber shiny Truckie :happy2:

Golf R gone.

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:56:21 pm »
Those first couple of pics thats the dirtiest I have ever seen that car its normaly spot on lol. Cracking job there Craigy.

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »
Those first couple of pics thats the dirtiest I have ever seen that car its normaly spot on lol. Cracking job there Craigy.

me too Keith. Was a fairly easy job through the wash stage  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:03:12 pm by craigy123 »

PM for details

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:26:26 am »
Like that in White!