Make a donation

Author Topic: Windscreen wipers stopped working/ possible electrical problem?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline fazmufc

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi all,

Just got bit of a real headache of a problem which i cant get to the bottom of. My windscreen wipers have stopped working I am not sure why this has happened, i have checked all the fuses there all working fine. I then went to garage to do a diagnosis check, and everything there is also working fine, in terms of the stalk and fuses. So i just assume it looks like it maybe electric problem. I checked that if the bonnet switch is on but that was fine, as it detects its not on.

I am thinking it might be something related towards my hids that i have fitted in, the hids i put in i dont think are the canbus ones which are required. This is possibly whats caused this and if so how can this problem be resolved? WOuld vagcom get to the bottom of this and resolve it, electrics side is something i dont have much knowledge of.

Any ideas what could be the issue, i cant hear any sounds or anything when testing them and its just becoming a pain especially as i am motorway driver

Any advice i would be greatful for.

Cheers

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Windscreen wipers stopped working/ possible electrical problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:29:09 pm »
Is you bonnet open?  Mine stopped working when the catch/release mechanism broke.

Offline fazmufc

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:04:36 pm »
The bonnet is fine, when checking the diagnostics it checked that the bonnet is closed on system. I am just thinking if its anything related to my hids.

Offline fazmufc

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:26 pm »
I was just playing with car my auto lights have stopped working when pressing fob. But when i disconnect the motor cable connected to the windscreen wipers, my auto lights are working again. Im just hoping if i take out my hids this may resolve the issue

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
Have you checked the wiper motor?

Offline fazmufc

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:55:18 pm »
Yeah that seems fine, because both my front and back wipers have stopped working.